Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anybody else do rituals or prayers before they take hormones?

Started by Femboy, September 06, 2013, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femboy

I do my own set of made-up rituals each week before I do my shot.  I'm curious to know if anyone else does this, and if so what do you do?

My ritual usually involves putting on a playlist, arranging a series of significant items (including a lot of pretty crystals and rocks) in a formation.  I place them around an empty t bottle that is flanked by some fake flowers.  I try to let the formation come to me organically, trying not to think about it too much.  I bless each item with a drop of water, and give thanks for something in my life with each drop.  I stop about halfway through the items and switch to prayers for guidance, help, etc.  All the while I burn candles and/or turn off all the lights but my xmas lights which twinkle in my room.

If nothing else, it helps me relax my muscles and my mind before I do my shot. 
♡♡♡♡
  •  

DriftingCrow

Hello Femboy:

I don't take hormones but that sounds like a wonderful idea. I do think medically transitioning can be a sort of religious/spiritual transformation as well as just transforming the body, and doing a bit of a ritual seems like a great way to recognize this transformation and go about it in a positive way.

Sat nam, Henry :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •