News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

3 Exercises To Melt Away Love Handles

Started by Jamie D, September 12, 2013, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

3 Exercises To Melt Away Love Handles

While there are no secrets to melting away your love handles, there is definitely a right and a wrong way to attack them. "Too many people spend all of their time focusing on abdominal exercises without burning the fat on top. If you want to get rid of love handles fast, then you must strengthen your obliques, get your heart rate in the weight-loss zone -- 60 percent to 75 percent of your max heart rate -- and eat clean," says Coach Joshua Kozak, founder of HASfit. This six-minute workout contains four rounds of three exercises and can be done from home without equipment.

1) Oblique Burpees 4 x 30 seconds

2) Side Plank Dips 4 x 30 seconds

3) High Knee Crunches 4 x 30 seconds

Video and details at the link
  •  

Sophia Hawke

Does this actually work?  I read on bodybuilding forums that spare tires end up looking bigger due to muscle build up behind fat.  Maybe with estro its different?
  •  

Jill F

The cardio is the trick.

Which reminds me that I need to do a 4 mile hike today...
  •  

TessaMarie

Gender Journey:    Male-towards-Female;    Destination Unknown
All shall be well.
And all shall be well.
And all manner of things shall be well.    (Julian of Norwich, c.1395)
  •  

Missadventure

Quote from: Jill F on December 02, 2013, 03:56:48 PM
The cardio is the trick.

Which reminds me that I need to do a 4 mile hike today...

God I miss hiking. It was 1 degree outside today though, so, no hike for me.  :(

Jessica Merriman

18 degrees here, but still did my 6 miles. I did however have 14 pounds of Uncle Sam's Arctic Survival gear on. Great workout!! ;)
  •  

Missadventure

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on January 28, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
18 degrees here, but still did my 6 miles. I did however have 14 pounds of Uncle Sam's Arctic Survival gear on. Great workout!! ;)

I spent the first 30 years of my life living in sunny northern california. 55 is cold to me. I'm wearing 3 layers of clothing when it's 40 degrees. When it drops below freezing I don't leave the house unless its important. When it gets to single digits I only leave the house when its an absolute positive necessity. And, when it drops below 0 I don't leave the house, period.

Jessica Merriman

Where I live in one day we had Severe Thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes, a 60 degree temperature drop and sleet/snow mix! Pilots come from all over the world to train here because of the rapid changes of weather we can have. It really stinks to try to plan ANY outdoor activities. YUCK! :)
  •  

Jenna Stannis

If this routine ended up reducing love handles it would be because of the cardio and diet changes, not because of the fanciful spot reduction claims.
  •  

TerriT

In my ab workout I do a version of the high knee crunch, but it's in the plank position. Like being in a push up position and bringing your knee up towards your shoulder. I can't do a side plank because I'm too week, but I do moves in a variation position with my knee down. I hate exercising, but you know, my ass is looking pretty hot and I've cut 4 inches off my waist.

Also, Sophia, yes with HRT it's different, at least for me anyway. I have not experienced any sort of bulking up even though I'm working out more than I ever have in my life, but my muscle tone has really improved. It is hardest to lose the remaining fat on my sides, but I've gotten much leaner overall. I do think I've reached a point where I'm unlikely to lose any more weight, however that might just be my body's natural state. I will probably change up my routine in another 4-8 weeks and see what happens. I do female exercise routines.
  •