Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Former ‘Satanic Drag Queen’ Turns to Love of Christ, Receives Hate From Homosexu

Started by Amelia Pond, September 16, 2013, 10:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariax

Quote from: Cindy on September 18, 2013, 01:33:12 PM
I have been treating men, woman and children with HIV for the last 20+ years. For some clowns to suggest a mystical effect on what they regard as a sinfull disease annoys me.

Where was the sin in a newborn? Where is the sin in haemophilia.

Sorry bad night.
Cindy, I understand your frustration. You showed a lot of restraint in that post. Also, bless you for everything you've done.

My middle school days were at a school with teachers who believed and preached this stupidity. It saddens me that it is almost becoming mainstream...
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Mariax on September 18, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
It saddens me that it is almost becoming mainstream...

Do you really see it as becoming mainstream?  Where are you from?
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Mariax

Quote from: Anonymous User on September 18, 2013, 10:59:56 PM
Do you really see it as becoming mainstream?  Where are you from?
Almost, and Michigan. Haven't lived in the US for over fifteen years, though, so to be honest I have no clue what word on the street is. Lets just say the media that comes this way isn't complimentary, and much of what I have to go on is what friends tell me. Which isn't wonderful.
  •  

dalebert

I know they didn't really elaborate on the whole "Satanic" part of this story. Seems like they just added it arbitrarily to give it a more sinister edge. It's funny to me because Satanists aren't nearly as sinister or even as interesting as many Christians make them out to be. I'm almost done reading The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVay.

Shantel

Quote from: dalebert on September 19, 2013, 08:54:20 AM
I know they didn't really elaborate on the whole "Satanic" part of this story. Seems like they just added it arbitrarily to give it a more sinister edge. It's funny to me because Satanists aren't nearly as sinister or even as interesting as many Christians make them out to be. I'm almost done reading The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVay.

You can always count on the uninformed to have knee-jerk reactions to about anything. Now that you've read LeVay you can talk about it in an intelligent and informed manner. I read Das Capitol and Mein Kampf just to educate myself on the subjects and not come off as an ass buying into group-think and making negative remarks about something I was totally ignorant of. I recall several years ago when some religious fanatic wrote an article about Proctor & Gamble's logo on product packaging, it was a depiction of a new moon and stars on the upper side of the box, the writer said it was Satanic, right away all the morons jumped right on the bandwagon. It was embarrassing to see adults behave like that, besides Proctor & Gamble is an old and respected company!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Shantel on September 19, 2013, 10:42:39 AM
You can always count on the uninformed to have knee-jerk reactions to about anything. Now that you've read LeVay you can talk about it in an intelligent and informed manner. I read Das Capitol and Mein Kampf just to educate myself on the subjects and not come off as an ass buying into group-think and making negative remarks about something I was totally ignorant of. I recall several years ago when some religious fanatic wrote an article about Proctor & Gamble's logo on product packaging, it was a depiction of a new moon and stars on the upper side of the box, the writer said it was Satanic, right away all the morons jumped right on the bandwagon. It was embarrassing to see adults behave like that, besides Proctor & Gamble is an old and respected company!

Oh Shantel you spoil the secret, letting facts get in the way of discrimination.!

How could you!

I heard from a bigot so I know it is true is far easier than I sat down and studied so I can make up my own mind!

Study! Hey what planet are you from!

Hugs

Cindy
  •  

dalebert

To be fair though, I should point out that I didn't watch the video past the first few minutes. I'm going on just the written article. Maybe they elaborated on it later in the long video.

Ltl89

Quote from: dalebert on September 19, 2013, 08:54:20 AM

That's true, but not all Satanists are Levayian Satanists.  Nonetheless, I doubt this character was ever a satanist.  He probably just used the word to get attention.  Then again, I also think Levay was trolling everyone all along and being tongue in cheek with everything, so who really knows.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: learningtolive on September 18, 2013, 12:00:28 PM
I could care less about this guy converting to Christianity.  What I do care about is that the article alludes to the idea that Christianity can get rid of HIV.  That's just dangerous and irresponsible.

I've seen some gay people react from someone "going straight", so I do believe it can happen.  Usually, people get upset because it suggests that sexuality or gender identity is reversible.  However, I honestly doubt the lgbt community is upset to lose the endorsement of "Satanic Royalty".  I think he is doing us a favor by leaving our community.  I'll leave it at that so I don't offend anyone. 

Nonetheless, it was a cute propaganda piece.

This sort of article feeds into the belief in "faith healing."
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Shantel on September 19, 2013, 10:42:39 AM

Oh my gosh, I remember that!  The lengths some people go to to make a claim

What always bothered me about the logo was that one can not possibly see stars through the blacked out portion of the crescents moon's orb.  Physically impossible, unless the teensy stars lay between the Moon and the Earth.
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: Jamie D on September 19, 2013, 02:56:52 PM
What always bothered me about the logo was that one can not possibly see stars through the blacked out portion of the crescents moon's orb.  Physically impossible, unless the teensy stars lay between the Moon and the Earth.

For the same reason, I was always bothered by that short animation before some movies that shows a boy fishing while lounging on the crescent moon! We are too logical for our own good.

Shantel

Quote from: Cindy on September 19, 2013, 11:27:29 AM
Oh Shantel you spoil the secret, letting facts get in the way of discrimination.!

How could you!

I heard from a bigot so I know it is true is far easier than I sat down and studied so I can make up my own mind!

Study! Hey what planet are you from!

Hugs

Cindy

I never finished college so I can still think for myself!  ;D :D  Sorry, I think the devil made me say that!  :icon_peace:
  •