Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Former ‘Satanic Drag Queen’ Turns to Love of Christ, Receives Hate From Homosexu

Started by Amelia Pond, September 16, 2013, 10:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

Former 'Satanic Drag Queen' Turns to Love of Christ, Receives Hate From Homosexuals
Heather Clark, September 12, 2013

A former self-described 'Satanic drag queen' is set to be honored later this month at an awards ceremony for turning his life over to Jesus Christ despite the hatred that he received after walking away from the homosexual lifestyle.

Trace McNutt, formerly known as "Coma," states that he grew up in a dysfunctional home with an overbearing mother and a distant father. His adolescent years were also marked by much rejection from his classmates, even to the point of regular physical harassment...

McNutt says that when he left high school, he began to become entrenched in homosexuality.

"I became obsessed with the royalty of the gay community, and that would be drag queens," he explains. "The fact that these men would go backstage and with just makeup and wigs transform themselves into a complete other creature fascinated me."

McNutt states that he saw the outlet as a way to be accepted by the world.

"[W]hen I got into the gay world, I immediately realized that the rock status and the royalty of the gay world are the drag queens," he says. "So, I said, 'I'm going to do that, but I'm going to take it a step further.'"
  •  

big kim

Strong smell of BS about this story

Edited TOS #10
  •  

Shantel

More power to him, sometimes it takes a rock bottom experience to look beyond the forest for some other reason for living!
  •  

CalmRage

I think the story is 100% fictional.

Edited to remove deleted quote
  •  

Shana A

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Beth Andrea

So...is he still gay?

eta: Nope, *and* he's no longer HIV+...

Not gonna say nuffin'....
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Shantel

We know we can't believe everything we read, but with all those jaded doubts we are having here it's no wonder other people have doubts about our own authenticity as well. Just another form of bigotry in reverse isn't it? Yes it really is, so we'll each have to deal with it.
  •  

Kaylee

He forgets to mention that the doctors were all quiet short, surprisingly clean shaven, used plastic stethoscopes and had a nap just after seeing him...

Edited to remove article quote
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Audi Hose on September 17, 2013, 03:14:44 AM

Satanic?

Royalty?

Marilyn Manso on a good day?

Quote from: Shantel on September 16, 2013, 02:17:22 PM
We know we can't believe everything we read, but with all those jaded doubts we are having here it's no wonder other people have doubts about our own authenticity as well. Just another form of bigotry in reverse isn't it? Yes it really is, so we'll each have to deal with it.

Indeed. And I don't doubt that he's getting "hate from the (LGBT) community"...That said, I wish him well on his journey. Whether one is gay, or Christian, one will come across people who hate.

:(
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

After reading the article I half expected to look up at the URL and see a certain news company with the name of an animal from the Canidae family.  I really hope people don't believe that converting to Christianity cures HIV.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Mariax

Quote from: This is the displayed name that people will see. on September 17, 2013, 06:56:50 PM
After reading the article I half expected to look up at the URL and see a certain news company with the name of an animal from the Canidae family.  I really hope people don't believe that converting to Christianity cures HIV.
Shall we just call them Furry Red News from now on? :)

I have no idea what to think about this. Lots of people in the world have lots of stories. To me, this is no different. The objectionable thing for me is selling Christianity like some kind of stain remover. Look what it can do for you!
  •  

Michelle-G

Quote from: Shantel on September 16, 2013, 02:17:22 PM

I do agree that hate and bigotry is hate and bigotry, even if we do it.  But let's be honest here a moment.

First, the article stated that he got threats from the homosexual (BTW, not transgender) community.  I have never heard of anything like that ever happening to anyone else who "went straight". Claims like that make me really take a hard look at the rest of the story and give it a sanity check.

It's not hard to deconstruct this article.  It's chock-full of the same buzzwords and themes used in every other sort of anti-gay or anti-LGBT article.  To their credit the article was really all about the man and didn't actually slam the gay community except to merely imply that gay is bad and an escape was necessary. 

Like I said, it's chock-full of the same buzzwords and themes used in every other sort of anti-gay or anti-LGBT article.  It has all the earmarks of every other article we've read that uses outright lies to promote hate and discrimination.  But us exercising any sort of critical review does not make us bigots. Sorry, but we've been hit with a belt too many times not to flinch when we see another one being unbuckled.
  •  

Kaylee

Quote from: Mariax on September 17, 2013, 07:21:42 PM
Shall we just call them Furry Red News from now on? :)

I have no idea what to think about this. Lots of people in the world have lots of stories. To me, this is no different. The objectionable thing for me is selling Christianity like some kind of stain remover. Look what it can do for you!

I thought she was referring to the Onion until my smattering of latin switched itself on!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: This is the displayed name that people will see on September 17, 2013, 06:56:50 PM

Fox News is more responsible than this.  Notice though, the nuance:

"Tested positive for HIV"
"No longer has the virus"
"No sign of AIDS"

With prompt treatment using ARV medications, the viral load can become undetectable.
And the symptoms of AIDS would not be present early in the infection.
  •  

Ltl89

I could care less about this guy converting to Christianity.  What I do care about is that the article alludes to the idea that Christianity can get rid of HIV.  That's just dangerous and irresponsible.

I've seen some gay people react from someone "going straight", so I do believe it can happen.  Usually, people get upset because it suggests that sexuality or gender identity is reversible.  However, I honestly doubt the lgbt community is upset to lose the endorsement of "Satanic Royalty".  I think he is doing us a favor by leaving our community.  I'll leave it at that so I don't offend anyone. 

Nonetheless, it was a cute propaganda piece.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: learningtolive on September 18, 2013, 12:00:28 PM
I could care less about this guy converting to Christianity.  What I do care about is that the article alludes to the idea that Christianity can get rid of HIV.  That's just dangerous and irresponsible.

I couldn't agree more. I hadn't read the complete article on my first response, though I do find it upsetting whenever someone posts a religiously based article and the piranha-like feeding frenzy begins by those who decry bigotry, kind of hypocritical to say the least!

Quote from: learningtolive on September 18, 2013, 12:00:28 PM
I've seen some gay people react from someone "going straight", so I do believe it can happen.  Usually, people get upset because it suggests that sexuality or gender identity is reversible.  However, I honestly doubt the lgbt community is upset to lose the endorsement of "Satanic Royalty".  I think he is doing us a favor by leaving our community.  I'll leave it at that so I don't offend anyone. 

I don't believe gay proclivities go away any more than do GID issues and gender dysphoria although there are occasionally those who can set their resolve to live with it and not be drawn into it's powerful grip. Whether they are happy and fulfilled or not is yet another matter.
  •  

Cindy

I have been treating men, woman and children with HIV for the last 20+ years. For some clowns to suggest a mystical effect on what they regard as a sinfull disease annoys me.

Where was the sin in a newborn? Where is the sin in haemophilia.

Sorry bad night.
  •