Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

California Transgender Rights Bill Is 'An Affront To God' And Children, Claims P

Started by Amelia Pond, October 21, 2013, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

*TRIGGER WARNING*
California Transgender Rights Bill Is 'An Affront To God' And Children, Claims Pastor Jack Hibbs
The Huffington Post, 10/21/2013 1:02 pm EDT

Pastor Jack Hibbs has joined the chorus of right-wing voices who have condemned California's transgender student rights legislation.

As Right Wing Watch first reported, Hibbs appeared on California Pastor Jim Garlow's podcast, where he declared California's Assembly Bill 1266 "an affront to God" and children.

"This is the most aggressive, the most dangerous bit of legislation against the child and against family than any other in the history of the United States," Hibbs of the Calvary Chapel in Chino Hills, Calif. noted. "We've never seen a government pass such an insane bill as this."
  •  

Vicky

The slide show at the bottom of this column was a hoot for its cartoons.  Hibbs was a known factor in the landscape out here and joined in the photo op as a matter of general hubris.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

gennee

I could go and mention bills that are REALLY dangerous,
starting with the Trans Pacific Partnership (think NAFTA on steroids).
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Ms Grace

If anything is an affront to God it would be Pastor Hibbs and his ilk.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

MaryXYX

Quote from: Grace_C on October 26, 2013, 06:12:28 PM
If anything is an affront to God it would be Pastor Hibbs and his ilk.

I am a fairly conservative Christian (small 'c' on conservative) and that is exactly the way I see it.
  •  

Skittles

Wow! Pastor Jack pegs my creep meter at about a greasy used car salesman level, I'm glad he did better for himself, but he needs to stay in his pay grade. Ordained as a minister, not appointed as God! Yet another Holy War leader??? I think he needs to read the New Testament in the eyes of WWJD? Instead of Mathew Henry's Concise Commentary Of The Whole Bible. Oh, but that would require he think with compassion for all the children Jesus so loves. Tchu, tchu, tchu, we can't have that!

"Told Fox news..." well now that's expected!

Pat Robertson has held himself up more times than can be counted, as the pompous pontificating religious buffoon. His hot line from God negates all science and human intelligence. God bless his little pea pickin' heart.
  •  

Red Leicester

Quote from: Skittles on October 31, 2013, 11:24:52 AM

Pat Robertson has held himself up more times than can be counted, as the pompous pontificating religious buffoon. His hot line from God negates all science and human intelligence. God bless his little pea pickin' heart.

Wasn't it Rev. Pat Robertson who recently stated that being trans is NOT a sin and trans people should NOT be scorned for being who they are?

Really, we don't make allies by acting just as pompous.
  •  

Skittles

Quote from: Red Leicester on November 01, 2013, 01:07:25 PM
Wasn't it Rev. Pat Robertson who recently stated that being trans is NOT a sin and trans people should NOT be scorned for being who they are?

Really, we don't make allies by acting just as pompous.

I did not know that. At this point I will not concede, but I am willing to keep an open mind and a wait and see attitude.

My opinion is purely my opinion, I also hope others take me with a grain of salt, or sugar depending on my position that post.

Thanks for the information though. Hug. Joann
  •  

Red Leicester

I like to think things are changing.  If regular people see us as reasonable, then some of them will be reasonable too.  That is a start.  It is about winning hearts and minds.
  •