Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Eating disorders

Started by Insanity, October 24, 2013, 12:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanity

:icon_help:

I want to ask if there is anyone here who has an eating disorder
I have EDNOS but because i am obese i cant get treatment for it because am not diabetic  and my bmi is over 17
( my BMI is 41 far too fat )
my dr weights me some times but that's it
av asked to see a nutritionist but they keep telling am too fat to see one

I eat 1000 calories a day some times 500 and some times 800
they say i dont have a problem am just fat
i go on pro eating disorder site  they are good with support and understanding  and will support others who want to stop  but i feel like i need these people who are in them
They have stopped me from killing myself before where i would have just done it
i need to lose weight i have tried other ways of doing it but i always binge and purge
just wondered if there anyone like me here

•  

Vicky

There are some missing elements to my being able to give you any help or advice.  My suggestion though to get you started is Overeaters Anonymous, the other would be a sight dealing with Anorexia / Bulemia.

Have you asked your Dr. for a referral for depression counseling which can make our body image seem worse than they are.  There is a reason for your doctor to believe as they do, but you have not given enough info to make sense either way.

Carefully talk with your health care team, and maybe just maybe give up on some web sites that give you too much information and take away from your time that could be used for exercise such as walking or hiking where you do trim up. 

Even though you are not diabetic, look up some of their sites for meal planning in exercise routines since those are good for non diabetics as well since the best treatment of type II Diabetes is a low to moderate calorie diet with controlled levels of certain nutrients, along with healthy exercise.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

mythy

My partner has the same problem. They are fat but they struggle with food restriction and purging.  They just started seeing a nutritionist that specializes in healthy eating at any size and who has experience with eating disorders herself. You may have to do quite a bit of research and possibily end up paying out of pocket but it is so worth it.
  •  

IdontEven

Quote from: Insanity on October 24, 2013, 12:00:26 PM
av asked to see a nutritionist but they keep telling am too fat to see one

Whaaaaat? How is this even a thing. Isn't that exactly what nutritionists are for?! Or at least one of them...
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

Leki

Hey, how is it going?

That is horrid treatment. People of any size can get eating disorders. I had binge eating disorder and I still get lots of disordered thoughts about food but I am living with it and finding ways to cope.

Have you managed to get some support?

If you struggle with binge eating (and purging) then read Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen, it is an incredible book.
  •