Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Looking for Social / Friends / Shopping / Support, UK Nth Yorks and York itself

Started by Alice Rogers, October 28, 2013, 10:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Rogers

Is there an active community in York or nearby? Honestly I want friends and like minded company. Would just love to find people to meet for coffee and shop with!

Need more friends who understand!
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

Alice Rogers

Shamelessly bumping my own thread, c'mon guys and gals, you must be out there somewhere!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
  •  

Alice Rogers

•  

big kim

There's a social/support group in Blackpool called Renaissance which has members from all over the UK,even get a few Yorkies now and again
  •  

Alice Rogers

Quote from: big kim on November 05, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
There's a social/support group in Blackpool called Renaissance which has members from all over the UK,even get a few Yorkies now and again

Thanks for that! I'll look them up. Seems like my part of the country has a big yawning hole of support and social activity, unless I'm just not finding it.

Maybe they are avoiding me!
  •  

sandrauk

Near York used to the centre of the TG UK universe. There was a place called Roses I think. I went there a couple of times as it was the nearest place to me in Bristol. Unfortunately that was in the eighties... You could always try the Beaumont Society resources if they are still going.

OK, feeling old now
  •  

Kaylee

I'm based in Leeds, so I'm more West Yorkshire than North, but I do know there is a monthly event in Leeds called Leeds First Friday that have a FB page that maybe able to lead you to people in York. 

I mean to pop down just to see what the deal is, but it seems like it's geared more to CD and TVs than people that are TS and isn't the kind of support I need/scene I want to be part of (fair play to them, it's just not for me)
  •  

Alice Rogers

Quote from: Kaylee on November 06, 2013, 04:19:57 AM
I'm based in Leeds, so I'm more West Yorkshire than North, but I do know there is a monthly event in Leeds called Leeds First Friday that have a FB page that maybe able to lead you to people in York. 

I mean to pop down just to see what the deal is, but it seems like it's geared more to CD and TVs than people that are TS and isn't the kind of support I need/scene I want to be part of (fair play to them, it's just not for me)
Quote from: sandrauk on November 06, 2013, 04:15:05 AM
Near York used to the centre of the TG UK universe. There was a place called Roses I think. I went there a couple of times as it was the nearest place to me in Bristol. Unfortunately that was in the eighties... You could always try the Beaumont Society resources if they are still going.

OK, feeling old now

Was great to get a response girls! No easy answers but I'll look that stuff up. Thought I could keep my own council through my transition but I find myself craving the company of others...
  •  

Cindy

Well I can't directly help, but I loved it when I had holiday in York, the place is gorgeous.  It was a time when the place was flooding, we (my wife and I) stayed in a Bed & Breakfast and the landlady had no problems when I arrived as Cindy for breakfast.

That was a few years back!
  •