Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

third times the charm!

Started by harbour, November 23, 2005, 01:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harbour

ok so today i had an appointment with a third mental health professional, the first one i couldnt talk to, the second one thought i was a bit of a joke at first then didnt know what to do with me and then theres the one i saw today.

i was apprehensive of course, that familiar feeling of an urge to vomit that i get whenever i try to talk about it with someone, but she was really nice, not a professional (apart from whatever she learnt from her teaching) but she was open minded and open eared, she even complimented me and said i was pretty androgynus allready. we talked alot about my thoughts on it (like everyone else she said i seemed pretty determined and planned) we also talked about my parents alot, well i say parents i mean mother, its obvious i have a few mummy issues (hey she can be manipulative) but the whole thing left me feeling certain and secure in what i want to do

but finally a therapist i can talk to,  ;D been waiting for one like this for an age
  •  

Cassandra

Sounds like it went really well Harbour. I'm glad you were finally able to find a therapist you could talk to. I'm sure you feel like you are moving forward and that in itself is very therapeutic. Way to go.

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That's really great news Harbour, it pays to a patient  patient  :)

Yep that's what it often takes.  Not everyone is comfortable or qualified to deal with our issues, and at the same time we ourselves have to be comfortable with the therapist otherwise it could be a long and difficult road.

I hope things continue to go well for you.

Steph
WWotN
  •