Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Lesbian riled by boot from ladies room

Started by LostInTime, June 30, 2007, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

NY Daily News
BY RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A masculine lesbian was kicked out of a Greenwich Village restaurant after a bouncer - who believed she was a man - saw her in the ladies' bathroom, the woman charged yesterday.
"I felt violated ... to say the least," said Farmer, 27. "I really thought that especially in New York City, especially in the heart of the Village, things like this had stopped happening."
  •  

Thundra

L.I.T., thank you for posting this one. It's important that women that have transitioned are aware that they are not the only ones that have to put up with this BS. The difference is, that they try to reach a point where they "fit in" and the harrassment stops, whereas dykes like me just are who we are. Dykes have been putting up with this kind of nonsense long before anybody was transitioning m2f. Long, long, before!

The woman in the article looks like a younger version of a close friend of mine. I know that when we go out to a str8 place, like say a Shari's restaurant or somesuch, we get a lot of attention. We don't care as long as no one messes with us. But the fact that this happened in NYC in the village is not that surprising to me. I got turned away from the Planet Hollywood in SF about seven years back, because they didn't like the look of my GF at the time. Even the accepting places have their bigots.

C'est la vie, n'est ce pas?
  •  

LostInTime

You are welcome. My butch dyke friends have had more issues with using a restroom than I ever had and I use them as an example when speaking about gender identity, gender variance, and the perception of both among the general public. It is important that everyone realises that gender identity protections go well beyond the T community.
  •