Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jamiep update...

Started by Jamiep, November 29, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiep

It has been a while, not a planned sabbatical, but unintentionally worked out that way due to a busy few weeks.  My wife had her second of two eye surgeries & had a few follow up appointments. Her eye is healing well & will be going back to work next week.

I had a follow up keep in touch type appointment with my gender Doctor on another option seeing as I can't transition, in early November. We set up a referral to Doctor to consult on costs of  breast implants that is his field of expertise. Saw him last Monday, nice man & comfortable fun staff. I went enfemme as I thought it might be unusual a guy being in there enquiring about implants. My biggest problem is I have a flat chest, no flab & not big muscle pecs. The Doctor thought I would be better off living as I have with breast forms. He did find two appropriate small sizes that would have to be inserted under the chest muscle so the edges wouldn't be noticeable compared to under the skin. We think I could handle the anesthesia, low level & monitored. My concern is with my Asthma & the fact a few of my minor operations have been done under local, never put to sleep. Cost, implants are $3,000, operation $4,500 & tax almost $1,000, so looking at a total of $8,500. No medical plan & OHIP doesn't cover. Retired, never had a company pension plan, some investments & Canada Pension Plan benefits, I really need what I have to finance supporting the retirement years, so no money to throw at a costly item like this, unless I win a lottery. Like one of my friends says, it is a lot less expensive having the breast forms, make up, wig & fashions than an expensive operation. It puts a positive spin in perspective that I can still be Happy with status quo, live a long healthy life rather than facing risks in medical transition. It keeps me in a safe place.

I have also been busy in evening trans support groups weekly. It is wonderful making new friends that we can talk about issues & share our lives, now connecting on social media. I help with the sound equipment in a seniors vocal group that performs in senior homes, in the last two weeks there where double header afternoon shows at two different establishments. The group  gets gigs around the festive season. Family social stuff, birthdays coming up. Life is good.

Hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving & maybe you are working off the big dinner by walking the malls in search of deals on Black Friday.

Now to try & catch up on some posts I missed. Good to be back.
Cheers.
Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! I love updates! Glad you're staying busy and maintaining a positive outlook.  Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamiep

Hi Devlyn, thanks hun. I love updates too. The support groups are cool to get me dressed & out of the house, being appreciated. I have mentioned to Carolyn that it may be helpful for her to go to a PFLAG group. She wants to wait until her eye has healed more, but could be considering the next meeting on Dec. 18. She says she doesn't know what to talk about. I said lots of people listen the first time. My first trans meeting, I figured my introduction is enough to get you started talking, so hopefully that can work for her.

When it comes to boobs now I rarely use my silicone forms. I use cloth covered foam ones. I have a elasticized half slip that I learned to fold into a small band. I fold the breast forms & put them at the side of my chest, with what little flab I have I push from there at an angle in and up, then cover them with the slip, sometimes I wear a push up bra that lifts the muscle pec up, creates curve breast top mounds with some cleavage. Wear a scoup front dress or top & creates a believable illusion. I was at a Halloween party & had some women fooled, one woman wanted to know how I got my boobs. Never say never. Although it would be nice to have real natural boobs, this is almost a Happy alternative.

Devlyn, how are you doing? Any Thanksgiving family happenings this weekend?
Cheers
Jamie
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Devlyn

I just got back home from a big spiral ham dinner with all the fixings. My Thanksgiving has been the Saturday following Thanksgiving for about the last fifteen years. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamiep

We have a  fav local pub & each year on American Thanksgiving & the football games, they put on a special Turkey Dinner with the fixings all day with the football games on the tv sets there, so we went for a yum Turkey lunch honoring our American family & friends. Friday at a 65 Birthday party for a sister-in-law. Tonight one of my wife's cousins is in a all female 60 member a Capella barber shop style harmony group show. Sunday needs to be a r & r day. Fun times though.

Your ham dinner sounds mouth watering delicious.
Hugs
Jamie
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

bethany

Big hugs Jamie. I love how you keep such a positive outlook on life. You are truly an insperation.
  •  

Cindy

Nice to hear from you Sis,

I'm so glad you are in a happy place.

Hugs
  •  

Jamiep

Bethany & Cindy, aaahh, much appreciated, you are the BEST! You have inspired me too & other friends here, I wouldn't have taken the journey of the last year without your educating, sharing & nurturing. I am completely indebted to Susan & her Brilliant site. What keeps me on the right side is all that I have discovered with my friends in the Church St. village in Toronto, the internet & Youtube everyone here over the last ten years. The learning is ongoing which makes life exciting & keeps a positive attitude for me in spite of falling short of the goal of partial transition. That motivates me to keep living. Most of the time I can have the breast forms on, make up, fashions & love being me, Jamie.

Love to all

Jamie
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •