Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Art stuff.

Started by Hayley, December 03, 2013, 09:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayley

So I haven't really done any "real" art in over a year. Designing signs has finally sapped my creativity it seems. But I thought I'd share a few things I did in the past.

This is a panting of a cast. Watercolor/ink/white pencil on cardboard.

Concept drawing in Corel of a gift for my wife.

Finished and lit gift.

Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Shantel

You are very talented Haley, very nice!
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: Shantel on December 03, 2013, 10:07:26 AM
You are very talented Haley, very nice!

Thank you very much Shantel.
Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I love it Hayley! Great job. Are you an aspiring professional artist? You should be!  :)
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on December 03, 2013, 02:40:43 PM
I love it Hayley! Great job. Are you an aspiring professional artist? You should be!  :)

Thank you. Actually I do get paid to do drawings. Just not what I want. I design signs and do the technical drawings to assist in the fabrication.

Decided to add a few more drawing.
Same cast as in pervious painting. Conté crayon for this one

An unfinished ink still life.
  •  

Shantel

Wow, once again I am impressed! I can see why you may feel that your talent is being wasted on signs for gosh sakes that is beautiful!
  •  

Lo

Wow, neon signage! That is so cool. I've seen some amazing sculpture pieces done in that medium. But then again, I find myself drawn to contemporary, abstract, and minimalist work more often that figurative stuff.
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: Lo on December 04, 2013, 10:06:48 AM
Wow, neon signage! That is so cool. I've seen some amazing sculpture pieces done in that medium. But then again, I find myself drawn to contemporary, abstract, and minimalist work more often that figurative stuff.

Oh yes there are quite a few talented neon artist. Sadly they are a dying breed and I know very little in terms of their skill. I understand the appreciation for abstract and minimalist art. I love minimalism as a whole. Actually translates very well into sign and logo design.

Another design. Have a alternative version with more muted tones of blue
  •  

Jamie D

•