Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

46,XX testicular DSD

Started by Nicole1986, December 06, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole1986

What is exactly DSD what's that mean and the definition of DSD what does the abbreviation stand for?
  •  

Flan

"Disorders of Sex(ual) Development"

or Intersex (conditions) by another name.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

justpat

Hi ,I got this from medscape.com .  A diagnosis of OT-DSD is based solely on the presence of ovarian and testicular tissue in the gonad and not on the characteristics of the internal and external genitalia, even if ambiguous.  IE intersex.  and definition of DSD is what Flan posted.  Pat
  •  

justpat

Hi again, I just read another of your posts, Google your diagnosis you will find it interesting and informative .Pat
  •  

Randi

I find this very interesting.  46XX Karyotype, which means genetically female, but with a penis and testes.

So much for the folks who say the Karyotype is everything.   Since karyotyping is still expensive and rarely performed it makes me wonder how many "men" have female genetics.

Randi   
  •  

Jamie D

Nicole, you may wish to research the term, "ovotesticular DSD,"  as well, if you believe you have an intersex condition.
  •