Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you think you will transition in the future?

Started by Nero, December 23, 2013, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think you will transition at some point in the future? (no matter how far off)

Yes, pretty sure I will be transitioning at some point, but you never know.
No, I think this is a permanent state for me, but you never know.
Leaning towards yes
Leaning towards no
I have no idea at this point
I'm not a part of the non-transitioning group and am just curious about the results

Jenna Stannis

Given that so many people in these forums have told me that GID is a one-way ticket to transition, I guess the only answer that I can give is "I have no idea at this point" -- right?
  •  

Tessa James

There have been decades during which I could "never" figure out what was troubling me.  When I knew then I still could "never" transition as I could "never" deal with it and would "never" be passable.  People would "never" understand and I would "never" be happy.  Once in transition I was still sure that i would "never" feel like a woman but i "never" felt like a man either.

It is important to me to now add loads of sweet sauce to my words as I have had to eat so many of them.  ;D ;D ;D  The one word I have eaten the most is "never" second only to "always."

One thing we can be certain of is CHANGE :angel: 

Never forget and always remember that.    He he He, chortle
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Joules

Time will tell, I'm waiting to see how my experiment with HRT goes before doing anything permanent.  Loving E tho, doubt I'll ever quit that.
This space for rent
  •  

Tessa James

I have the feeling our blessed boobies are for keeps ;)
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Roberta W

Oh YES Tessa ... They are here for keeps.  They've been with me for almost half my life now.  They're not going away ... Ever ... Regardless of the status of everything else.  Besides, since I also had SRS, embracing any other form would make no sense at all!  Roberto.
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

JulieC.

Maybe I need a definition on what constitutes transition.  Does it mean srs?   I voted #1 but I don't intend to ever have surgery.  But I am 2 years into a 5 to 8 year plan at the end of which I intend to go full time.  I've been on hormones for awhile, I'm working on my voice and have started laser.  When the time comes that I can go full time I want to be totally ready so I only need to change my name (presuming that I can).  At that point I would consider my self transitioned.  Of course there will still be a M on my drivers license and technically I'll still be a male.  So should I have answered #2?   

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions" - Dalai Lama
"It always seem impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
  •  

Jamie D

I second Julie's first thought.  It depends on what "transition" is defined to be.  If it is a SRS surgery, or even taking hormones again, that might never be in the cards for me.

If it means abandoning my male façade for something that better suits my gender identification, yes, I am all for that.
  •  

Emo

I want to full transition. Get rid of the extra weight if ya know what i mean.
I hope to start hrt in the next couple months. Then get srs. I hope thats all the surgery id need tho.
Basically im at peace with this. Ive come to terms with who i am and i know i can get surgery without a major compromise in my faith. Its my choice to live as my brain feels. And i plan to do it well. :p
  •  

VeronicaLynn

Went with leaning towards no...

As long as SRS means sacrificing a new car/down payment on a house type money, no. If the US government were to make it free, or I were to find myself so rich that the cost was not an issue, maybe. I still have no interest in HRT without SRS, this seems an unpopular opinion here, I'm not against people who do it, I personally just only care about genitals, and tend to ignore secondary characteristics...they just aren't important to me...
  •  

Mickie

I'm kind of still in the "questioning" state, so at this point anything could happen for me.
If I decide that transitioning is my path then I'd most likely do hrt. As for surgery, I don't think I could go through with bottom surgery. I may be open to ffs, but I'm not entirely sure it's for me either.

To be completely honest, after coming to this site and doing other researchey stuff I think I'd lean more toward "femandrogyne". Tomboy in a mans body I guess, heh.
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

TessaMarie

Quote from: Joules on December 26, 2013, 02:24:12 PM
Time will tell, I'm waiting to see how my experiment with HRT goes before doing anything permanent.  Loving E tho, doubt I'll ever quit that.
Similar, although I'm fairly certain HRT has done something permanaet to my chest already (& probably my fertility, too).

The positive emotional & mental effetcs from the HRT are too great to relinquish.  But I may never do more than that.  At the moment I am "leaning towards yes", since it is beginning to look like I may have difficuly presenting as male in the summer months.  The fearful part of me is still hoping I can, while my (much smaller) practical side is getting a contingency plan ready for the opposite.

Right now I am very comfortable where I am.  If this remains comfortable, then I see no reason to change anything.
Gender Journey:    Male-towards-Female;    Destination Unknown
All shall be well.
And all shall be well.
And all manner of things shall be well.    (Julian of Norwich, c.1395)
  •  

kellypatrick

Deffinite want to do hrt and go ft. pretty much presenting as kelly 70 percent of the time anyways. want to do srs but of course many comes in to play. trying to find a second job to make these goals happen.
Hugs
Kelly Gartland  Kellypatrick was when I was in hiding
  •  

VickyMI

I'm waiting until I retire (12 months to go) before I do some FFS and then do a RLE experience for 3 months or so and see how things go.  After that period I'll make a decision.  Summer of 15 should be interesting.
Happy T Gurl living as Vicky half time.
  •