Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you think you will transition in the future?

Started by Nero, December 23, 2013, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think you will transition at some point in the future? (no matter how far off)

Yes, pretty sure I will be transitioning at some point, but you never know.
No, I think this is a permanent state for me, but you never know.
Leaning towards yes
Leaning towards no
I have no idea at this point
I'm not a part of the non-transitioning group and am just curious about the results

Nero

Hey all,

I'm glad to see this forum blossoming!
I'm curious how many consider non-transitioning to be a permanent or transitory state for them. Feel free to elaborate. No judgment at all. I don't believe transition is the right path in every case regardless of gender identity.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

insideontheoutside

Well you know how people say, "never say never!". But I'm probably one of the never ones. Unless something really wacky happened I don't see myself ever having any of the surgeries or going on HRT. For me, it's just too much of a bother. Maybe if I'd had the opportunity early in life things would have been different, who knows.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

Nero

Ok, changed the poll slightly to allow for the 'never say never'  :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

King Malachite

I'm glad to see this forum blossoming too!

I didn't vote in the poll quite yet because I'm not sure how to answer so I figure I'd vote after I'd type my response.

Ideally, yes I do have plans on transitioning.  If I live long enough, then I intend on carrying those plans out.

However, to what degree of transitioning and defininig it, that's still a blur.  I know my first step in my transition is to get top surgery because I'm more likely to afford that than T right now, but I still plan on living as a female for an undertemined amount of time.  I suppose that would be a "partial" transition, maybe?

As for hormones: It is my plan to start in 3 years perhaps, sometime after top surgery (assuming I can get medically cleared to take T).  Ideally, couple of years after that I would like to get bottom surgery, but that will largely depend on if I can get my weight down to normal range.  I'd like to think I can, but if I am to be real with myself, I'm such a huge procrastinator that it probably will never happen, or it will take a lot longer than a couple of years and I might have to spend a lot of money for a professional to help me that it would make saving for bottom surgery nearly impossible if I can't get it covered by insurance, but like you said, you never know!

I would *like* to have everything completed by the time I am 30.  How I will do that, I'm not too sure, but one thing is for certain: I don't want to live as a female for the rest of my how.

You would think I would know how to vote after typing this, but honestly, I still don't know which to pick because my transition and how far I will go depends on a lot of things.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Cindy

•  

LordKAT

Oh Cindy, I don't think  you could ever be otherwise.
  •  

Cindy

•  

LordKAT

•  

Devlyn

I voted no. I'm pretty comfortable with the occasional presentation as a woman. Cindy will probably kick me in the ass and tell me I'm still in the denial phase!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 24, 2013, 05:48:17 AM
I voted no. I'm pretty comfortable with the occasional presentation as a woman. Cindy will probably kick me in the ass and tell me I'm still in the denial phase!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

Bend over Sis, my foot is awaiting
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Gina Taylor

Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 24, 2013, 06:02:20 AM
See?  ;D

Cindy puts on the iron boot.

Honey do what you wish, I didn't mean anything rudely.

Then gives a swift kick anyway ::)
  •  

DriftingCrow

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

JoanneB

It was a close call between hoping not to ever and likely to but you never know. The realist in me coming out perhaps?

Over the past several years of personal growth and self-acceptance I've actually been able to feel that a lot of the great things in my life are deserved. I earned them and not some faker, not the "Real" me. Yes part of me was and still is trapped inside. Yet she has always been a big part of who I am in all aspects of my life.

The realist says "You know where your true joy lies. You lived (part-time) the lifelong dream of being seen as and accepted as a woman". The realist also knows there is a few more years before trying that is feasible between my personal and financial commitments which I also need to live up to
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Cindy Stephens

I have money (not rich though), guaranteed access to health care now (ACA), and am about to retire.  Have been on hormones forever and had the beard removed.  My wife is fine with transition.  What holds me back is simple acceptance.  Move to a more liberal area?  Central Florida is a conservative nightmare.  I'm not young anymore and I don't know if I can stand up to harassment.  I do intend to get an orchi if only so I can cut back on the drugs, but don't really consider that transition. 
  •  

laure_natasha

I'm caught in the classic transition or relationship vicious circle. Both are things I cherish and desperately want but at present just seem incompatible.

Given the chance or courage, I would start on that path tomorrow.
  •  

gennee

At this point I have no desire to transition but I haven't closed the door to the possibility.

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

MelissaC

For many years I was content with occasional crossdressing however during the last few years my desire to transition is increasing. I have been doing a lot of research about HRT and I am thinking about starting to see a gender therapist to get this going. Still really thinking though.........

Melissa
  •  

Roberta W

Hi ... I think the definition of "a fairly permanent state for me" applies ... Since I had BA and SRS 28 years ago, but continue in my male role as a Dad and a husband with a completely understanding wife.
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •