Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Top Surgery Recovery Updates (a place for all members to update after surgery)

Started by Bimmer Guy, December 28, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexthecat

I hope mine stay thin. How long you think until they won't be able to widen at all?

•  

aleon515

Quote from: Brett on January 02, 2014, 06:37:08 AM
Wow, Jay, your incision lines stayed nice and thin!  Mine widened a bit, as you can see.  This started happening after I went back to work after 2 weeks.  I have a desk job, but I still needed to reach for things, just general movement.  Although my incisions seems to be thinner than many pictures I see of other chests, yours are fantastic!  Thanks for posting.   :)

I'm disappointed man, I think that since we are clones the following should have happened:
1. I get nice big pecs like you. Not sure where my pecs went, it was part of the clone-packaged deal.
2. My scar goes almost all the way across, it should be separated like yours is by an inch.
3. You have nice thin scars like mine.
4. On a positive note, our nips look pretty similarly nice.
:)

Not sure re: the scars but they don't appear to have stretched at all (maybe under the arm a bit, but even then). I haven't been super careful really. I am NOT working out. Heard someone say they are working out. I don't really plan to do that for awhile. I am doing stuff like walking the dog. She isn't much of a puller and is well-trained.
@Alex the Cat, not sure re: that question. I think they may widen as long as you could feel them around you. I have certainly not gotten to the point that I don't feel them. I definitely feel a pulling or something which reminds me of having surgery. Recall something Dr G said about guys going jet skiing two weeks after surgery. I assume none of you all are reading this here. But a. how do you forget so fast and b. that's total idiot. Wait for week 6 or something. LOL

(Note I put a time reference in my picture.)

--Jay
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: aleon515 on January 02, 2014, 12:41:56 PM
I'm disappointed man, I think that since we are clones the following should have happened:
1. I get nice big pecs like you. Not sure where my pecs went, it was part of the clone-packaged deal.
2. My scar goes almost all the way across, it should be separated like yours is by an inch.
3. You have nice thin scars like mine.
4. On a positive note, our nips look pretty similarly nice.
:)

Not sure re: the scars but they don't appear to have stretched at all (maybe under the arm a bit, but even then). I haven't been super careful really. I am NOT working out. Heard someone say they are working out. I don't really plan to do that for awhile. I am doing stuff like walking the dog. She isn't much of a puller and is well-trained.
@Alex the Cat, not sure re: that question. I think they may widen as long as you could feel them around you. I have certainly not gotten to the point that I don't feel them. I definitely feel a pulling or something which reminds me of having surgery. Recall something Dr G said about guys going jet skiing two weeks after surgery. I assume none of you all are reading this here. But a. how do you forget so fast and b. that's total idiot. Wait for week 6 or something. LOL

(Note I put a time reference in my picture.)

--Jay

Jay, you totally crack me up!  Ok, so maybe Simon is right, only the nipples look the same on Garramone's chests!  Seriously, though, if you pull up transbucket/youtube/etc, I can tell you which is a Garramone chest and which isn't!

Big pecs?  Well, you're awfully nice I have watched them deflate over the last 3 months!  Not that I ever had "big pecs", but I was happy enough with them for not being on T! 

Alex, Garramone told me that scars stretching is individual and we really have no control over it.  Our bodies do what they want to do.  He told me about a guy he had who called him a year after surgery for a referral for physical therapy.  Seems he had "frozen shoulder" from not using his arms for a year trying to keep the scars from stretching.  Guess what happened after he started using them....yep, they stretched!

I'm going to hold out for 6 months before I do any pushups or anything pec related.  What is the downside for trying?  This is the reason I got my surgery in the Fall.  I wanted to have until the Spring to heal.  I actually care more about the scars lightening, than widening.

Jay, what kind of work do you do (if you are currently working)?
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

Jack_M

I'm a good example of things going wrong.

Some idiot yanked me by my right arm when I didn't offer my seat in the bus to a woman who didn't even want the seat. Never said anything to me, just went straight to yanking my arm. I already had some minor swelling and bruising on that side, now it's really bad and depressing me as it's almost like I have one massive boob now.

So here's how things can go wrong. It's always possible. Seeing surgeon on Tuesday to see what he says. I know draining can be painful but I don't care. If it's possible, I want it yesterday! I'm particularly concerned with pulling and widening. Even on the left side where it's causing my once circular left nipple to stretch. I'm sure the right nipple is a write off.

Really depressed now. Keeping up scar treatment on the off chance everything improves and I don't need revision (ha! I wish!) because scarring wise I'm happy. I know the pic isn't the best quality but on the left side especially, they're pink and fading well. Still a little scrunched up at armpit and centre but the stitches haven't dissolved there yet.

Now I'm going to crawl back into the pit where I wish I'd never been born. Saving up for this surgery was bad enough but money aside for revisions, I hate not being able to work out. I have no outlet for my frustration now and couldn't go through this again. I'm barely coping this time! It's a nightmare going through this madness when you're stealth!
  •  

Simon

Jack, I honestly don't know what to say to help ease your frustration. That just sucks, try to remember that it can be fixed. I hope you broke the guy's nose...you would have had every right to do so.
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Hey, Jack.  I am really sorry you ran into this idiot.  I would be angry and frustrated, as well.  It is like every top surgery patient's nightmare.  I'm sorry, my friend.  Hopefully, any revision will not make much in the way of scars, as you're right, your incisions look great.  Keep us updated, and hang in there.
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

Jeatyn

Aw Jack that sucks so much, I'm sorry that happened to you buddy - this is the exact sort of thing I'm worried about when I start using public transport in a few days. People are such idiots :( other than the swelling though your chest is looking good, the scars look great
  •  

Alexthecat

I hope you yelled at that guy. Make him think twice about grabbing people. Maybe call it assault and get him to pay for revisions lol.

•  

aleon515

Quote from: Brett on January 02, 2014, 05:26:02 PM
Jay, you totally crack me up!  Ok, so maybe Simon is right, only the nipples look the same on Garramone's chests!  Seriously, though, if you pull up transbucket/youtube/etc, I can tell you which is a Garramone chest and which isn't!

Big pecs?  Well, you're awfully nice I have watched them deflate over the last 3 months!  Not that I ever had "big pecs", but I was happy enough with them for not being on T! 

I'm going to hold out for 6 months before I do any pushups or anything pec related.  What is the downside for trying?  This is the reason I got my surgery in the Fall.  I wanted to have until the Spring to heal.  I actually care more about the scars lightening, than widening.

Jay, what kind of work do you do (if you are currently working)?

Your clone here Brett:
I could probably tell his patients too, he has a nice even scar that usually curves gently and good nipples and placement.
I'm going to hold out for about 6 months. Dr. G says 6 weeks. I think this is crazy but he has so many young patients, it might be the only way he can keep them from doing something esp. silly. I am actually more interested in lightening too and they have lightened nicely. I am retired so that helps. I will be happy to see if I can ever get some pecs, might be useful now that I am seeing them. But I am not rushing into anything. I have normal arm movement so pretty sure they won't freeze in place. Perhaps my skin isn't too elastic.

And to Jack, oh man feel so sad for what happened. I hope it is temporary, but oh geeze!!!!!

--Jay
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: aleon515 on January 05, 2014, 12:33:13 PM
Your clone here Brett:
I could probably tell his patients too, he has a nice even scar that usually curves gently and good nipples and placement.
I'm going to hold out for about 6 months. Dr. G says 6 weeks. I think this is crazy but he has so many young patients, it might be the only way he can keep them from doing something esp. silly. I am actually more interested in lightening too and they have lightened nicely. I am retired so that helps. I will be happy to see if I can ever get some pecs, might be useful now that I am seeing them. But I am not rushing into anything. I have normal arm movement so pretty sure they won't freeze in place. Perhaps my skin isn't too elastic.

And to Jack, oh man feel so sad for what happened. I hope it is temporary, but oh geeze!!!!!

--Jay

My incisions widened a bit when I went back to work.  That is when they got red, as well.  When I say widened, I only mean a bit wider than my original incision.  I wish I had taken another week off (rather than just two weeks after surgery), but I had already taken a total of 3 weeks from work because of traveling and such.  I wonder if it would have made a difference.  I do recommend to any of you pre surgery out there that you don't go back to work until three weeks after the date of surgery (and I am talking about a desk job here).  I thought I was careful enough with my reach, but I guess not.

And yes, I agree, it is more than just the nipples that tell one it is a Garramone chest.  The gentle curve you mentioned.

•  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: Alexthecat on January 02, 2014, 07:22:26 AM
I hope mine stay thin. How long you think until they won't be able to widen at all?

I am looking forward to seeing your Medalie chest!  You must be stoked.  You're getting close!   :)

•  

littleprince

I was told I should post my results here, so I would like to share with you. I had my top surgery with Dr. Megan Hassall on the 14th of November.. so I am nearly 8 weeks post-op. The scabs have only recently fallen off. I was not given any aftercare information. The lines are a bit wavy, but I actually really like it. I love my chest so much, it finally feels like me. I did not want lines that were curved (the shape of a breast) but I am fine with them not being "perfectly straight". I heal really well also (I have had over 20 surgeries in my life) so they should become barely noticeable eventually.
I have never worn a bra in my life (I have always bound myself and refused to wear bras when I hit puberty) so I don't know what cup size I am, but people have said I was probably a C.
I had a simple bilateral double mastectomy with nipple grafts. I am thinking of writing a complete review on my surgery, covering everything (to help other transmen).. so maybe tell me if you are interested?

•  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: littleprince on January 05, 2014, 03:09:34 PM
I was told I should post my results here, so I would like to share with you. I had my top surgery with Dr. Megan Hassall on the 14th of November.. so I am nearly 8 weeks post-op. The scabs have only recently fallen off. I was not given any aftercare information. The lines are a bit wavy, but I actually really like it. I love my chest so much, it finally feels like me. I did not want lines that were curved (the shape of a breast) but I am fine with them not being "perfectly straight". I heal really well also (I have had over 20 surgeries in my life) so they should become barely noticeable eventually.
I have never worn a bra in my life (I have always bound myself and refused to wear bras when I hit puberty) so I don't know what cup size I am, but people have said I was probably a C.
I had a simple bilateral double mastectomy with nipple grafts. I am thinking of writing a complete review on my surgery, covering everything (to help other transmen).. so maybe tell me if you are interested?

Glad you posted your information here.  Your incision lines look really great.  Glad to hear you heal well.

I have seen Hassall do both double incision and the pedicle technique.  How does she decide which one to do?  Did she give you an option?  In your surgery did she make your areola smaller (I don't know if Hassall does this, or not)?

I think it is great you plan to write a full review of your surgery.

•  

aleon515

I'm sure the extra time really helped me out. I could have worked at a sedentary job a couple weeks after surgery, but I was a teacher. This isn't a desk job, and all sorts of things come up that you don't expect.

Prince, you also have nice thin scars, that's going to heal nicely, I'd guess.

Still mad for Jack. Geeze.

--Jay
  •  

Alexthecat

I'm worried about when I go back to work. It's a stocking job and I'm lifting all kinds of things and stretching this way and that. I might just make my leave longer if the incisions are still pulling. It's originally 6 weeks.

•  

Jack_M

Quote from: Simon on January 05, 2014, 01:13:07 AM
Jack, I honestly don't know what to say to help ease your frustration. That just sucks, try to remember that it can be fixed. I hope you broke the guy's nose...you would have had every right to do so.

If I could go back in time I'd murder the guy, I'm that mad. But no, I didn't do anything but cry out in agony :(. It's been over a week; it's horrible. Hoping my surgeon gives me good news on Tuesday or I may cry for the first time in years!

I do appreciate the support though, guys, thanks. I just wish this was over. Revisions would have to be years down the line for me. No time! I have a Taekwon-do seminar at the end of February, so now my focus is purely on being able to properly move for that! I'm supposed to be sparring too so I need this fixed up last week! Timing was good for me in terms of work, but my surgeon was on vacation for Xmas so it didn't work out perfectly in the end.
  •  

Jeatyn

It will all be worth it in the end Jack - focus on the end goal and rest up as much as you can.

I start back at uni tomorrow - I'm both excited and nervous as hell. I honestly don't know how well I'm going to manage on the bus, class itself should be fine, I do computer programming mostly - though I have a computer building class on wednesday, I shall just be an overseer rather than doing anything if I can get away with it :P my tutors know I am recovering from surgery, though I didn't specify what type. None of my classmates know anything.

I'm really really itchy lately, though the pain is minimal in my chest my back is still giving me issues. I can now lay on my stomach for short periods if I have pillows in the right places which is nice. It's mostly the sitting around doing nothing I feel is messing up my back, getting back to uni will be good for me once I get used to it. The first week will suck though.

On the other hand, I can wear whatever I want! :D no layers! I won't be sweaty or have indigestion from all the compression. I won't be both hungry and yet bloated feeling all day and I can pee without it having to be a huge ordeal. As a side note, my student finance came in today, right on schedule for the first time ever - 2014 is shaping up pretty nicely so far. It's the little things ;D
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: Alexthecat on January 06, 2014, 02:27:22 AM
I'm worried about when I go back to work. It's a stocking job and I'm lifting all kinds of things and stretching this way and that. I might just make my leave longer if the incisions are still pulling. It's originally 6 weeks.

Supposedly, 6 weeks is enough time for physical jobs.  I have heard of guys who have gone back sooner than that.  In terms of the pulling, I still feel it.  Pulling doesn't mean your incisions will pop open.  For me, I use it as a guide for trying to not have my scars widen.  I think the chips fall as they may when it comes to that, though.  I think it is based on our individuals bodies, and perhaps how tight the surgeon pulls the skin (makes sense to me, anyway). 

--------------------------------

Jack, I have wondered about you going back to Taekwon-do so early (or it seems early, anyway) re: the sparring.  Hold on to hope about doctor's appt.  Maybe try to focus on the happiness of simply having a flat chest, when it gets you down?  Hang in there.

------------------------

Jeatyn, good luck to you, tomorrow.  I think your plan of getting to the bus early is a good one.  The itchiness means it's healing!  Laying on our stomachs (that alone) is supposed to be bad for our backs, isn't it?

--------------------

Is it possible to do multiple quotes in our posts?

•  

aleon515

@Jeatyn, I went thru the thing of being very itchy and I think my worst week was week 3 not week 1. But you will get over it and feel better. I used cortisone cream and that helped a lot.

@Jack, I agree with Brett on this one re: martial arts. I know it's important to you but it is a pretty intensive sport so soon after surgery, even if you didn't have the accident you had. Though a goal is useful. I still (8 weeks) feel a bit of pulling along the incision if I reach too far or lift something heavy or...

@Brett, I definitely use the feeling of pulling as a guide to what I try not to do again and what I do. I think it's probably a fairly good guide, but I don't worry that the sutures will pop open at this point, I don't think they can. I believe in most cases they are pretty well absorbed or whatever. I have no idea how to do multiple quotes, I think you could open multiple windows or open a text document. But boy does that sound like WORK! I'll do this here.

--Jay

•  

Jack_M

Sparring wouldn't start until end of February which is actually over 12 weeks post surgery. As long as the swelling is gone in next week or so, it's all good. I still have swelling slightly in left side and almost full range of motion with that arm. All going well 6-8 weeks is all you need to take off. From everything I know and have read, your body is gonna heal how it's going to heal. If you widen the scars in 6-8 weeks working out, you'd have still widened the scars if you wait to workout a year later. At least moving more at an earlier stage, silicone based scar fading options can still work their magic to minimise scarring. At over 12 weeks that's near double the recovery time.  Even with the swelling the main issue is more to do with incisions and scar healing. I'll obviously discuss with surgeon at 6 week appointment at end of January, but that's the only part of this whole shambles that I'm hopeful should be fine.
  •