Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My experience post orchiectomy

Started by Lana P, December 31, 2013, 09:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lana P

I had mine in September of this year 2013. My emotions were a hot mess. I cried at almost everything I'm now 3 months post orchi and no longer cry at everything which is nice. Though I have noticed that I have to shave my legs and arm pits twice a week instead of the once a month as I was doing on tblockers. I also no longer get mad easily and angry that was odd. The first month I would get angry for no reason and things would piss me off lol. I guess it was just everything balancing out.

Also I have no troubles getting aroused now or even getting wet when aroused though it depends on how excited I get for that to happen. I imagine I will have no problems when I have srs. I did have my orchi so I could stop taking tblockers and give my liver a much needed brake. I did however have the doctor leave the sack behind for future srs if I wanted it.

I did want to add that after the surgery when I did do self pleasure it seemed as if my weewee had shrunk to which it freaked me out but that was not the case it was just swollen I'm assuming. And from what the doctor had told me that it was normal and that it would go back to normal after a period of time. My main thing was to get the orchi done and to see how I felt later on about getting srs done. Since getting my orchi done I have legally changed my birth certificate and health and photo ID to female.

I do want to point out that it was paid by Ohip. I live in Ottawa, Canada and had the surgery done in Toronto I did go through Camh. And the doctor I had gone to his name is Dr. Charendoff. He is in Toronto

I healed nicely everything is now healed and looks great. Though I had heard about people not being able to reach orgasim after. I have no problems with that and was told I am lucky in that sense since some lose feeling as well can no longer orgasim. Any who just wanted to share my experience. Also ohip will also cover my srs when that happens as well which I will be thankful for.
  •  

FrancisAnn

Lana,

Thanks for posting & I hope everything is settling down. I also was very upset, etc.... & scheduled an orchie however I did not follow thru. Luckily the spiro has seemed to do a good job in reducing my little t things & maybe they will shrink even more. I'm hopeful for my SRS maybe within a year & several girls advised me against the orchie. However I may still have the little things removed. It sure would help making sure all T is removed from going into my body.

Take care & thanks for posting.

mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Lana P

Hi FrancisAnn I had heard about some people should or should not get the orchi prior to srs but when I called Dr Brassards office they said it would not be a problem so that makes me happy. I think it also is a personal choice. I was not 100% sure I wanted srs before having my orchi. But I'm glad I went ahead and had it done anyways. I believe everything happens for a reason. Some do srs and some go my route first LOL. But what is funny it feels like I have always been without those things in my body. I think that might be the same way after I have healed from srs. I did not feel a major relief after having surgery but I do feel better about myself.
  •  

FrancisAnn

Lana, I'm very glad for you. I should have followed thru with removal of my little things I guess. It would sure be easier than taking all the spiro. I still may?

I feel like you do it seems. All those things attached to my body only have one purpose & that is to help create a nice hopefully decent depth very nice vagina.

Take care & the best of luck to you GF.

mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

l0nghairdontcare

Hey just wondering have you noticed any changes to your scalp hair since orchie? Especially if you had any loss or thinning has it stopped or reversed?
  •  

Lana P

I have no changes with scalp hair as of yet.
  •  

JLT1

Lana,

Thank you.  This helps.

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •