Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

has anyone had experience with jealous women?

Started by latoya fox, January 01, 2014, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

I've experienced this from an entirely different perspective since I have always presented androgynously and look more youthful than males my age, and am not nearly as masculinized appearing as most males my age, probably the result of almost 20 years on HRT. Often times there are women who are obviously attracted to me or are curious and make it clearly known, something that really pisses off my spouse because it's evident that we are married. There is no regard for boundaries by some and they feel free to hit on me right in front of my significant other, it ought not to be that way.
  •  

amZo

Quote from: latoya. on January 01, 2014, 03:29:00 PM
a lady at walmart was glaring at me as i walked by and made her husband look away and step away from me, so hilarious, i love jealousy, being a guy, he obviously kept staring and so i called her a b*tch, (which she was) what i don't get, is why women view other women as enemies, that they want to steal their men, it's like it's a competition, which is why men and women will NEVER be seen as equals, for one, men and women are two different people, and because women hate eachother. feminists really need to give up

You're assuming her reaction was jealousy, are you sure? It sounds as though you may have tried to provoke some of this.

I've dated some very attractive women in my past and there were times when we would be out that some insecure guy would go over the top to flirt with them. I've asked guys to stop or leave not out of jealousy but because they were invading our personal space and annoying both of us.

If one is minding their business, I don't think you'll have a problem with jealous women (but their boyfriends might  ;)).

•  

latoya fox

i agree oriah, and i'm the same way miranda i love getting dolled up
  •  

Katie

Oh yes I have had to deal with jealous women. It's simply part of being a woman. On the other hand since I am in decent shape with some nice muscles I tend to think that keeps them at bay on a physical level.
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on January 02, 2014, 06:18:27 AM
Older women (55+) are usually really sweet or easy to get along with because they're over the whole pretty stage.
Jeez, Alaina, I'm 59, but I hope I'm not over 'the pretty stage' yet, lol! Don't kick dirt on me for awhile, please! I have a BF that I really love and if he looked at one of you girls the way I hope he wouldn't, I wouldn't be angry with either you or him unless you started flirting with each other. I'd be pretty pissed at you, but you'd never know it because I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. On the other hand, he'd be playing with himself that night, because he wouldn't be touching me!

When I said 'you' I meant you ladies, I wasn't focusing on you, Alaina!
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Miranda Catherine on January 02, 2014, 02:24:10 PM
Jeez, Alaina, I'm 59, but I hope I'm not over 'the pretty stage' yet, lol! Don't kick dirt on me for awhile, please! I have a BF that I really love and if he looked at one of you girls the way I hope he wouldn't, I wouldn't be angry with either you or him unless you started flirting with each other. I'd be pretty pissed at you, but you'd never know it because I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. On the other hand, he'd be playing with himself that night, because he wouldn't be touching me!

When I said 'you' I meant you ladies, I wasn't focusing on you, Alaina!

I knew I would offend somebody. I wish I didn't have to write a book just to explain my thoughts on this forum.

Anyways, when I said that: I meant that most women of a certain age just don't care if people think they're the most attractive person in the room. Calm down  :icon_chillpill:
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on January 02, 2014, 06:23:56 PM
I knew I would offend somebody. I wish I didn't have to write a book just to explain my thoughts on this forum.

Anyways, when I said that: I meant that most women of a certain age just don't care if people think they're the most attractive person in the room. Calm down  :icon_chillpill:
I'm just glad I'm still alive
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Yasmine on January 02, 2014, 02:47:51 PM
About two years ago I called my (then) bf on the phone and to my surprise a girl answered his phone..

Me: Ehmmm can I speak to *** please?
She: Who is this? Who are you???
Me: I'm *** and who are you?
She: I'm his girlfriend!?
Me: That's interesting.. So am I!

Men are dogs
Women are snakes
Welcome to nature

I have to vote this to be the best commentary and final assessment on both sides of this topic. Way to go Yasmine!  :eusa_clap: :icon_bunch:
  •  

Heather

I've seen this from the opposite side back when I was pretending to be a male and was in very good shape I would have men shoot me dirty looks and bring their gf/wife closer when I was around. I haven't had the same response from women yet but I have seen older women shoot me dirty looks on occasion.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Yasmine on January 03, 2014, 12:26:02 PM
Haha! I still can't believe that happened to me.

When I think about him taking us to the same movie at the same cinema in the same week: WOW!

I think he took her to that movie first btw. The movie was really funny, but he seemed a little bored..

She also told me that he had introduced her to some people as 'his cousin', which seemed weird to her. Duh.. Turned out that those people were people he had introduced me to as his girlfriend..

Sweet memories:)

The guy is a total CAD!
  •  

Michaela J.

Envy's a strange thing, isn't it? Like, one of my absolute worst habits is envying other trans women, particularly those who pass without a second glance, and so just visiting this very forum because rather a tentative activity. It's not just the scowling sort of envy either, the aforementioned kind can lead to some serious periods of dysphoria and all-around misery. Not sure whether that's a self-esteem thing or just envy of those who've transitioned successfully, but it's something that I seriously need to address going forward.

Anyway, I mention this because, despite my envy of the above people in particular, I really do fail to take into account what they went through over the course of their transition, it just becomes a very black-and-white exterior view of beauty and happiness. The fact that they are those things is nothing short of fantastic (nobody should have to be miserable, it's no fun), but seeing that often doesn't reflect what they had been through to get to that point. I know some beautiful trans women who've been kicked out of their homes and disowned by their parents, purely for being who they are. Jealousy as a vain concept often doesn't extend to circumstances.

I also envy those who can make clear, concise points.
  •  

vlmitchell

Jealous women tend to have insecurity stemming from so many different places. Sometimes it's projection of their own desires not to be monogamous, sometimes its because their mothers taught them a really strange set of ways to think about relationships, sometimes it's insecurity of another woman's beauty in comparison to themselves, sometimes it's because their boyfriend/husband/guy she's having an affair with has cheated before (or is cheating with her) and thus, she knows that their bond is only so strong.

Generally this comes down to honesty not being a huge part of her primary relationship, poor communication skills, poor self esteem, and other signs that the woman in question has issues with herself. Then again, that's envy and jealousy in a nutshell, ain't it?
  •  

Echoes of Elaina

Quote from: Yasmine on January 03, 2014, 12:26:02 PM
(...)
She also told me that he had introduced her to some people as 'his cousin', which seemed weird to her. Duh.. Turned out that those people were people he had introduced me to as his girlfriend..

Sweet memories:)

I find this bit particularly hilarious even though I probably shouldn't. That's some pretty high level Jiu Jitsu if you're getting away with it. I mean, not even once did she ask "I'm your what?"
:icon_headfones:
my voice just echoes off these walls.
and I just slowly fade away.
:icon_headfones:
  •