Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Pepper spots", tiny hair bits stuck in follicle!

Started by Thylacin, January 08, 2014, 12:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thylacin

So I've been using a Silk'n Bellalite on my chest with some good results. However, in my earlier treatments I made the mistake of shaving hair that had been killed and was in the process of being pushed out of the follicle, leaving a very short bit of hair that isn't long enough to be ejected, and doesn't protrude above skin level to pull out with tweezers. Supposedly, exfoliating helps, but I've had some of these for months, and they won't come out.
I can sometimes pick at them with my nails to get them to come out, but it takes a while and isn't good for my skin.

Has anyone experienced this, and possibly have any tips for getting rid of them? I have a much more hairless chest than ever before, but I have spots that look like they have a bunch of stubble :(.
  •  

Katie

I have my own electrolysis machine. I have used it to get those dead hairs out. What I did was turn up the power about 20% more than what it takes for zapping and then insert the probe like you were zapping a hair. It ends up burning a bit of skin in the immediate area where the probe is inserted so once that happens it is very easy to take the tweezers and get the hair out since the skin covering it is gone.

If you go to an electrolygist they can address those hairs.
  •  

Thylacin

Quote from: Katie on January 11, 2014, 08:11:20 AM
I have my own electrolysis machine. I have used it to get those dead hairs out. What I did was turn up the power about 20% more than what it takes for zapping and then insert the probe like you were zapping a hair. It ends up burning a bit of skin in the immediate area where the probe is inserted so once that happens it is very easy to take the tweezers and get the hair out since the skin covering it is gone.

If you go to an electrolygist they can address those hairs.

Thanks.
I got these and they work pretty well, it's just tedious.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAYWOFY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  •