Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I must admit I did have a "chuckle" when I saw this....

Started by Anatta, January 09, 2014, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

Me and my warped sense of humour.....

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Jessica Merriman

OMG! This is totally fantastic! I bet most of them are STILL running. Thank you for the best laugh this week. :laugh:
  •  

Cindy

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Cindy on January 09, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
That is cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kia Ora Cindy,

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind (or just plain sadistic)  ;) ;D

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Anatta on January 09, 2014, 12:57:01 PM
Kia Ora Cindy,

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind (or just plain sadistic)  ;) ;D

"Cruel to be Kind"
Nick Lowe
Peak position: #12 US, #12 UK, #12 Canada, #12 NZ
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Being cruel to be cruel is so much more fun.

(Hmmm, maybe I've been listening to too much GG Allin today. :D :D)
  •  

amZo

Quote from: Cindy on January 09, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
That is cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree!

Playing this prank on adults is one thing (and kinda funny), but this was simply cruel to do to kids. What if one of these poor kids ran out into traffic? Not to mention the nightmares for the foreseeable future.

I have a healthy sense of humor, but this makes me cringe badly.

(I'm not expressing this toward you Anatta, but rather the people who did it, yikes!)
  •  

amZo

Quote from: Jamie D on January 09, 2014, 01:03:01 PM
"Cruel to be Kind"
Nick Lowe
Peak position: #12 US, #12 UK, #12 Canada, #12 NZ

Love that song... now I have to find it on Youtube...  ;)

•  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

Fair point Nikko...

Jokes are either at the expense of others or oneself, and what originally was meant to be a harmless humourous comment could escalate into something majorly undesirable, depending on the mind set(where the mind is at) of the persons involved/affected by it...

One person's meat is another person's poison, that's just life I guess...

BTW Cindy's short comment could be taken either way, "pleasing or displeasing"... in other words Cindy may have found the clip funny ie, her comment was meant to be humourous or she was being serious and she really did feel that what was done was in bad taste/cruel...

•  

DriftingCrow

Wow, do that in USA the little dude would've been shot.

(And the lady who fell would sue for injuries)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Natalia

Brazilian pranks are often incredible funny but extremely strong and cruel...that prank of the scary little girl at the elevator was a fine example:

My opinion is that they are quite dangerous and can cause traumas or nightmares that will follow you for a long time. I remember a prank where a guy was locked inside a room and another guy, this one wearing radiation clothing told him that he was going to die if he couldn't leave that room in one minute because of the radiation exposure...the guy was uttered terrified and while he tried to open the locked door the other guy kept telling him "you are going to die" several times..

How funny is that? Not funny at all.

•  

amZo

Anatta, don't get me wrong, I found this video interesting, I'm certainly not offended by it.

But (you knew there was a big but coming right?)... it takes a funny concept WAY too far and it became blatant cruelty. Good jokes make all involved feel good in the end, they don't harm or even expose one to potential mental and/or physical harm. This clearly did, no question about it. I'm not sure where this was done, but this culture needs to evolve a bit IMO. I think if this were shown on American TV, it would get a resounding gasp of shocked disbelief.

The Chuckie character is extremely terrifying to children, this is not a kid show. Subjecting young kids to a butcher knife wielding maniac at night out of the blue, chasing them down a dark sidewalk on a busy street with fast movie cars... that's simply cruel.

If this were done to my kids and I was present, there would be no Chuckie sequel, he'd probably be in Chuckie heaven with a fake butcher knife up an orifice. Now that might be kind of funny... or simple justice... who knows really?  ;)

•  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

:eusa_hand: Sadly I can see where this is heading..... ::)

What started out as a "HARMLESS" post  in the humour section (I found it quite funny and thought others would too)  as now gone from humour to something quite serious/morbid  ...So mods you might like to remove it, to stop members (who are finding it hard to see its funny side) from become upset by the contents ...

Perhaps my sense of humour is not quite to everybody's taste...

•  

Anatta

Quote from: Nikko on January 09, 2014, 09:47:20 PM
Anatta, don't get me wrong, I found this video interesting, I'm certainly not offended by it.

But (you knew there was a big but coming right?)... it takes a funny concept WAY too far and it became blatant cruelty. Good jokes make all involved feel good in the end, they don't harm or even expose one to potential mental and/or physical harm. This clearly did, no question about it. I'm not sure where this was done, but this culture needs to evolve a bit IMO. I think if this were shown on American TV, it would get a resounding gasp of shocked disbelief.

The Chuckie character is extremely terrifying to children, this is not a kid show. Subjecting young kids to a butcher knife wielding maniac at night out of the blue, chasing them down a dark sidewalk on a busy street with fast movie cars... that's simply cruel.

If this were done to my kids and I was present, there would be no Chuckie sequel, he'd probably be in Chuckie heaven with a fake butcher knife up an orifice. Now that might be kind of funny... or simple justice... who knows really?  ;)

Kia Ora Nikko,

No problems...

•  

amZo

Gosh, please don't feel bad about it, I think your post WAS harmless!

I find it somewhat fascinating actually, I think people are just giving their honest reactions to it is all.

Was my threat to this poor little Chuckie guy too much? If so, my bad I guess, but I was just giving my honest thoughts on it. I just know me is all. This would've made me flip out if I had been there, God only knows how it would've turned out...  :-\

I don't think it makes anyone deranged to get a bit of a chuckle out of it, I did too at parts, certainly the concept of it.

Anyway, I'll give others the floor. I didn't mean to scare off those who liked it, please comment and get me off the hook!
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Nikko on January 09, 2014, 10:08:20 PM
Gosh, please don't feel bad about it, I think your post WAS harmless!

I find it somewhat fascinating actually, I think people are just giving their honest reactions to it is all.

Was my threat to this poor little Chuckie guy too much? If so, my bad I guess, but I was just giving my honest thoughts on it. I just know me is all. This would've made me flip out if I had been there, God only knows how it would've turned out...  :-\

Kia Ora Nikko,

Don't worry I'm not feeling bad about it,(it's water off a duck's back) I'm just doing what's best under the circumstances...
Some members felt uncomfortable with the contents hence their 'honest' opinions, and it was not my intention to cause any discomfort to members, so because it has not produced what was intended ie, people actually finding it 'funny', the best solution is to nip it in the bud by having the thread removed...

•  

amZo

Anatta, I wanted to give you a chance to critique me for finding the following video funny.  ;)

And yes, I admit I was wrong in my tone previously, I've clearly displayed hypocrisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BrcTCfyP6Wc
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Nikko on January 10, 2014, 10:17:35 AM
Anatta, I wanted to give you a chance to critique me for finding the following video funny.  ;)

And yes, I admit I was wrong in my tone previously, I've clearly displayed hypocrisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BrcTCfyP6Wc

Kia Ora Nikko,

Thanks, I found the clip funny, for the simple reason we have all done similar things perhaps not as painful (or in some cases just as painful or worse) and have survived to tell the tale and have a laugh about it...Example how many here have tried to walk through a closed glass door thinking it was open ? Yes one can go "Ouch! that must have really hurt" when seeing the clip, but still see the funny side of the situation...

As long as the person is not seriously injured, just some bruising no broken bones, (perhaps at worse dented pride), it's important to see the bright side of life....it could be worse...

•