Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Electrolyisis cost

Started by yellowboy, July 08, 2007, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowboy

I have seen so many different prices for eletrolyisis. I was just wondering what would be a safe range to assume?
  •  

seldom

If you have dark hair, skip electro and do laser.  Its significantly more cost effective in the long run.
  •  

Ms.Behavin

Currently I pay $65 an hour for Electro and about $175 per session for laser, Though THat's a pretty low price, I'm pretty much done with the zapping but have another 30-40 hours of electroylsis to go.

Beni 
  •  

Christine Eryn

It's costing me $60 an hour, and I must say, I am becoming unhappy with the progress. At first, it was a dramatic change. But now I'm noticing after working on the same areas, it still comes back. I'm considering another electrolygist, but we'll see.  :-\
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •  

kalt

Quote from: Amy T. on July 10, 2007, 08:27:19 PM
If you have dark hair, skip electro and do laser.  Its significantly more cost effective in the long run.

What exactly does laser therapy do?
I'd read in several articles, a few years ago, that laser therapy is generally pointless.
  •  

Berliegh

I wouldn't touch electrolisis.......it can cause scaring.....laser is far better.
  •  

SocalledLife

Too bad I have redish brown and laser doesnt work for red hair...

The laser quote here was $2850 which includes all treatements and any future touch ups required

Electro here was going for $76 an hour, blocks of 5 hours for $325, and blocks of 10 hours for $600.

DANA
  •  

kae m

Ok....so silly question I suppose, but what is considered "dark" hair?

Mine is kinda dirty blond/red...does that rule out laser for me?  I also have annoyingly sensitive skin, shaving is a disaster but I can't stand the stuff on me and it's about all I can do at this point :(

I'm not yet in a position to live as I truly am but hair removal was going to be one of the first things I pursue based on what I've read.
  •  

SusanK

Quote from: Christine Eryn on July 17, 2007, 12:42:10 AM
It's costing me $60 an hour, and I must say, I am becoming unhappy with the progress. At first, it was a dramatic change. But now I'm noticing after working on the same areas, it still comes back. I'm considering another electrolygist, but we'll see.  :-\

If you like your electrologist, stay. You can expect 25-50% regrowth over time. It's because the process can't get to the root of all hairs, so they get close and get shallower, finer hairs next time (weeks to months) which are easier to get at. It depends on the type of electrolysis and methods used. Mine like to use the less intense faster method in some areas (around lip) and more and longer in the rest, which creates more regrowth but less painful. Mine cost $52/hr with an extra hour for blocks of 10 hours.

While people argue for the more first-time, high intensity method, which I started with one electrologist, it's slower, and in the end I've estimated the new electrolologist's method, being the less intense, faster proocess, actually saving money. It's the difference of killing 2-3 hairs per minute versus 6-10 with more regrowth.

Just my experience.

--Susan--
  •  

Jennywocky

I am doing both laser and regular electrolysis right now, basically because I am in my late 30's and about two years ago (before I decided that I was going to transition) my beard started to gray. *sigh*

I thought that perhaps doing a number of treatments with the laser would weed out a great deal of the dark hair. I got a package deal for five treatments with the Alexandrite laser for $1280. My fourth is coming up on December 6 (my third was in September). This current wave has been growing in, which has been a bit depressing -- my upper lip and my chin now has obvious dark hair again, although I never really had "shadow" except a bit on my lip. I was impressed with the earlier treatments -- about two weeks after each, I would shed a ton of hair and be completely clean-faced except for the whites. The laser technician has the laser up on full (I didn't see the point in holding back), and boy did it hurt even with topical numbing cream, but the swelling for me would go down within a few hours, with no scarring or anything.

Meanwhile, I've done eight treatments so far with a regular electrologist, to remove the whites.  She's been wonderful and skilled, I have no problems with her whatsoever and love her personality, but I'm paying $100/hour. I have been fighting with wondering if I should look around further, because of the money, but I tend to be shy (so it's a pain to meet someone new), live in a fairly conservative area (so I wonder how many people I'll have to go through to find someone sympathetic as my current gal), and just have enough in my life to deal with to want to backtrack and "re-find" someone.

I doubt I would find anyone less than $75/hour around here.

It's hard to tell what is "coming back" and what isn't. Basically, some hairs are sitting dormant, occasionally even in the same pore (it's not unheard of), so although it looks like the same hair coming back, it might be a completely different hair. My electrologist says once she kills that white hair, it is gone; it's just other hairs coming out after hitting their growth cycle; and she's been in the business 20+ years and keeps up with her training and certification.

There is just a lot of hair on a person's face. And it takes quite awhile to clear. I'm more concerned about the laser treatments, since the technology is newer and it seems that it's easy for a technician to do a "bad" job, compared to traditional electro.
  •  

seldom

Quote from: kalt on October 01, 2007, 11:34:47 AM
Quote from: Amy T. on July 10, 2007, 08:27:19 PM

What exactly does laser therapy do?
I'd read in several articles, a few years ago, that laser therapy is generally pointless.

Generally speaking as it stands its understood for most people with dark hair laser is just as effective as electro, but better because of the time and scarring issues associated with electro.  Those articles come from the age of Ruby lasers which were complete crap.  Laser these days are highly effective.
  •  

kalt

So can electrolisys be gotten for the eyebrows and all too?
  •  

lisagurl

Quote from: kalt on December 09, 2007, 05:01:23 PM

Nose, ears and the south pole.
  •  

rhondabythebay

Quote from: lisagurl on December 11, 2007, 08:27:13 PM
Quote from: kalt on December 09, 2007, 05:01:23 PM

Nose, ears and the south pole.

Nipples too  ;)

Rhonda
  •