Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

just had my first gym experience after starting transition

Started by FinallyMe84, January 15, 2014, 06:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinallyMe84

I joined planet fitness. For $10/month you really can't go wrong. Went for the first time tonight and it was a great experience. I went pretty androgynous and explained to them my situation, that I wouldn't be comfortable in either locker room, so they are giving me the key to the special needs locker room, and most of the time I'll have the place to myself! So glad I am working out again now, and that it's not an intrusive environment!
  •  

LJP

I started at a pf in my town. Honestly I was dreading going to a gym again, but it has been nice. It's funny you posted this. I was thinking how I would handle the gym when I go public today. Sounds like the staff at your gym handled it well.
Be the change you wish to see in the world
  •  

FinallyMe84

Oh, yeah, I was dreading it too. They handled it very well though, didn't make a big deal about it, and we're quite respectful. I only got a few odd looks here and there, but mostly I just did my thing and got out.
  •