Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone else like to doodle? Share them here!

Started by Joan, January 15, 2014, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joan

I really hate sitting though meetings, and after I while I get bored and start drawing stuff.

Now, I was always bottom of art class, and pre school children have laughed at how bad I am, but I still like to doodle. This is what popped out yesterday.

So, are you into geometric shapes? landscapes? faces? imaginary cities? Pokemon characters?

Show us your doodles! :P
Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings and fly away
Only a phase, these dark cafe days
  •  

MadeleineG

•  

FalseHybridPrincess

My friends tell me that my drawings resemble those of a 5 year old...
I would doodle all time in classes I didnt like etc...
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Joan

Quote from: Gwynne on January 15, 2014, 06:51:02 PM
I compulsively doodle highway interchanges. :D

Highway interchanges? Which exit do you always take? ;)

Could you show us one of these doodles? :)
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Joan on January 15, 2014, 06:53:38 PM
Highway interchanges? Which exit do you always take? ;)

Could you show us one of these doodles? :)

I'll scan one and post tomorrow. :)
  •  

Joan

Quote from: FalsePrincess on January 15, 2014, 06:52:35 PM
My friends tell me that my drawings resemble those of a 5 year old...
I would doodle all time in classes I didnt like etc...

I was looking back over my file for this year's meetings and my drawing skills have improved. I now draw like a 5 year old instead of a 3 year old. We're at the same level FalsePrincess! :D
  •  

Joan

•  

FalseHybridPrincess

Quote from: Joan on January 15, 2014, 06:56:27 PM
I was looking back over my file for this year's meetings and my drawing skills have improved. I now draw like a 5 year old instead of a 3 year old. We're at the same level FalsePrincess! :D

Same level eh?

That doodle you posted is a masterpiece compared to mine...I should post here when I get the chance,,, :laugh:
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Joan

Quote from: FalsePrincess on January 15, 2014, 07:05:49 PM
Same level eh?

That doodle you posted is a masterpiece compared to mine...I should post here when I get the chance,,, :laugh:

Please do! :)
  •  

Rielle84

I just thought I would post at least  a (VERY EARLY) sketch of my ideal self portrait. My dream style and body as I want it and hope to achieve someday. A lot of the details are very representative of me as a person, my geeky nature, my artistic nature and my passions and beliefs. this was a bit tough to make and I am a bit shy about it but nothing good ever came from hiding myself so here it is!

I will be drawing other kinds of self portraits with different outfits and some other random drawings of fantasy and scifi geekery!

•  

Tossu-sama

I'll just leave this here...

Doodled while idling in the internet with nothing to do.

*slithers off to the sunset*
  •  

MadeleineG

I realized that I never got around to scanning any of my interchanges. I'll have to do that next week when I'm back at work.

Lately, I've been doodling concepts for a simplified network diagram for my hometown's new network of express bus routes.
  •  

Joan

Please do, Gwynne! Looking forward to seeing them :)
  •  

dalebert

Here are my doodles. I eventually realized how much they suck. A big part of the problem, I think, was trying to use free software and always having trouble getting the settings right. I should have just drawn them on paper and scanned them.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com

If you just want a few of my favorites, check out this tag: http://anarchyinyourhead.com/tag/anarkitty/

Colleen♡Callie

I doodle constantly.  Actually for some non-art classes, it's necessary.  I'm an extensively visual thinker and there are times when I need to ground my visual working memory in the present in order to focus on what the professor is saying, sometimes to the point, I don't even take a notebook to class, just a sketch book.  Other classes I have to take extensive notes.

I can't share yet.  Still not enough posts to link a photo.

All your doodles are wonderful, btw!

EDIT:  I can now share images!  Sadly, most of my art is on my other laptop (bought for gaming and art, more RAM and disk space) that has a busted charging port, so can't share much right now. 

But here is the last doodle I did.

I decided to color and discovered that Painter 11 has an animation feature so tested it out with a very simple animation of it.  Personally I'll stick to flipbook pro for animation. 

"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

MadeleineG

Quote from: ColleenCallie on February 21, 2014, 08:30:19 PM
I doodle constantly.  Actually for some non-art classes, it's necessary.  I'm an extensively visual thinker and there are times when I need to ground my visual working memory in the present in order to focus on what the professor is saying, sometimes to the point, I don't even take a notebook to class, just a sketch book.  Other classes I have to take extensive notes.

I do this professionally. I get off looks from colleagues during meetings, but if it works, it works.

Self-accommodation for ADD! ;D
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: G:W:Y:N:N:E on February 23, 2014, 12:56:46 AM
I do this professionally. I get off looks from colleagues during meetings, but if it works, it works.

Self-accommodation for ADD! ;D

You are the first person I've met that does it as well.  :icon_mrhappy:

My psych 101 professor confessed to me at the end of the semester that when she first saw me she thought "Oh great, not one of those people," because I sat in the front as was doodling the whole class.  This confession came after a of telling me "I know you know, I want to see if someone else knows," so at this point she was fairly comfortable telling me she initially thought I was going to be one of the students that sit in the front and never pay attention, mocking her...
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Rielle84

Quote from: ColleenCallie on February 23, 2014, 01:22:41 AM
You are the first person I've met that does it as well.  :icon_mrhappy:

My psych 101 professor confessed to me at the end of the semester that when she first saw me she thought "Oh great, not one of those people," because I sat in the front as was doodling the whole class.  This confession came after a of telling me "I know you know, I want to see if someone else knows," so at this point she was fairly comfortable telling me she initially thought I was going to be one of the students that sit in the front and never pay attention, mocking her...

Not a lot of people understand that shapes, colours and images can also be notes! All I ever drew regardless of the theme was always the images in my head when the teacher was talking. When it ever came time to go back to the notebook for homework or review, i would have basic short text and a lot of drawing around the margins that keyed into my mind and took me to that moment and reminded me of what i saw and heard. Hooked on Mnemonics! XD
  •  

dalebert

Joan

It's a bit embarrassing posting in the wake of such competence, but here is my latest masterpiece from my latest marathon four hour meeting. I think my brain has melted from the boredom :D

•