News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Question

Started by ClaudiaLove, February 04, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClaudiaLove

Hi ,

This idea came in my mind and I realized I don't have an answer for it . Maybe it is simple but anyway I will ask :

How is it that when identic twins are conceived , if they will be boy and girl ,the girl's brain will be altered by estrogen and the boy's brain will be masculinized by testosterone . I am not sure , but I thought they would share everything (like blood , including hormones : type and concentration ) inside their mom .

•  

Beth Andrea

They're not identical if they are physically male and female...and what causes a TS condition is some extraordinary circumstances re: mother's hormones...under normal conditions, a fetus will develop mentally inline with its body.

If they are identical (one to be cis-female and the other to be MtF, for example), it may be that the growth and development rates will not be 100% exactly alike time-wise, which creates the "window of opportunity" for a TS condition to exist in one twin, but not the other.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

ClaudiaLove

•