News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by -Luke-, February 16, 2014, 06:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Luke-

Hello!

My name is Luke, and I'm a trans male university student (Comp Sci). I enjoy public speaking although I'm neither extroverted nor introverted. I live at home and came out to my parents two months ago; they're acceptingish. My first gender therapist appointment is in a month and I am incredibly nervous. My hobbies include programming, drawing monsters on everything, sewing, and World of Warcraft.
:p

Not much else to say, but I hope I get along with ya'all!  :)
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Luke, welcome.  No reason to be nervous about the gender therapist.  After fumbling around with my first therapist, my first words to my second one were, "I have gender issues."  Seems to focus the conversation immediately.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: -Luke- on February 16, 2014, 06:13:37 PM
Hello!

My name is Luke, and I'm a trans male university student (Comp Sci). I enjoy public speaking although I'm neither extroverted nor introverted. I live at home and came out to my parents two months ago; they're acceptingish. My first gender therapist appointment is in a month and I am incredibly nervous. My hobbies include programming, drawing monsters on everything, sewing, and World of Warcraft.
:p

Not much else to say, but I hope I get along with ya'all!  :)

Hey Luke welcome!
        Don't sweat the therapy, just be yourself and let the therapist know how you feel about yourself and how you relate to the rest of the world around you and it will all fall into place for you. Good luck buddy!
  •  

-Luke-

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, everyone. I feel better already! :)
  •  

Jessica Merriman

A big warm welcome to the family Luke! :) I am so happy you have found us and hope you will be with us for a while. Hopefully your nervousness will subside when you read about how we were all there at one point and overcame the hurdle. It is scary to say the least, but you now have a ton of support in your corner and very good advice about our first therapy appointments. Feel free to rant, vent, learn, share good news or have a little stress reducing fun while you are here. Here is a BIG HUG ( :icon_hug:) to welcome you and start your journey of self discovery off right! :)
  •  

gennee

Welcome to Susan's, Luke. Congratulations on coming out to your parents.

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •