Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"God doesn't make mistakes"

Started by Brandon, February 22, 2014, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

I think alot of trans people have gotten this said to them but I was recently watching a YouTube video and It was a guy who was assigned female at birth but if you look at him know you can't even tell, And he gotta alot of >-bleeped-< from people like people telling him that God doesn't make mistakes and that he is a woman, And I came across another video of a Christian woman talking about him and the thing that stuck out to me was that this guy has a Facebook and someone left a comment and said that yes God doesn't make mistakes but God could have purposely put this man in a womans body that right there was blew my mind, Because God is almighty and we never know what his intentions are and why he does the things he does, And as the lady said we get so consumed with whats on the outside that we never know whats on the inside. Anywho just thought I'd share I'm gonna see if I can share th video with you all.
keep working hard and you can get anything you want.    -Aaliyah
  •  

King Malachite

I don't see why you can't post thevideo as long as it's not revealing anything or have extreme vulgar language. :)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Brandon

•  

King Malachite

What I normally do is copy the top link of the Youtube video and then just paste it here.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

Brandon

•  

Brandon

There ya go it really inspired me.
  •  

King Malachite

Ah yes, I remember seing that video.  It seems like this particular transguy has been popular on Facebook.  I was stalking a fellow classmate of mine that's a lesbian and she and her group were talking about this young man so I went to his Facebook and Youtube.  He seems to have a few people that love to use the "God Doesn't Make Mistakes" line, but it was so refreshing to see people stepping up to his defense and I would say that this is an inspiring video, though I didn't know that this lady was Christian.

•  

Declan.

If it's about God not making mistakes, we shouldn't be repairing cleft palates and genetic heart conditions either. I've gotten "God doesn't make mistakes" thrown my way a few times, and my response has always been "in a perfect world where no one has birth defects, I would've been born a 'normal' man." I don't think God always does these things deliberately - they're just part of a "fallen world" to me - but in my case, I do believe it was deliberate due to some serious dysfunction in some of the cis men in my family. I don't think I would've turned out well if not for the conditions of my birth.
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: Malachite on February 22, 2014, 06:33:22 PM
Ah yes, I remember seing that video.  It seems like this particular transguy has been popular on Facebook.  I was stalking a fellow classmate of mine that's a lesbian and she and her group were talking about this young man so I went to his Facebook and Youtube.  He seems to have a few people that love to use the "God Doesn't Make Mistakes" line, but it was so refreshing to see people stepping up to his defense and I would say that this is an inspiring video, though I didn't know that this lady was Christian.

Yea I think that we should focus on our own selfs and getting to God instead of judging everyone.
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: Declan. on February 22, 2014, 06:34:33 PM
If it's about God not making mistakes, we shouldn't be repairing cleft palates and genetic heart conditions either. I've gotten "God doesn't make mistakes" thrown my way a few times, and my response has always been "in a perfect world where no one has birth defects, I would've been born a 'normal' man." I don't think God always does these things deliberately - they're just part of a "fallen world" to me - but in my case, I do believe it was deliberate due to some serious dysfunction in some of the cis men in my family. I don't think I would've turned out well if not for the conditions of my birth.

Yea thats true and I was just thinking about that today
  •  

CursedFireDean

In my opinion, I never would have grown in faith if I hadn't had such a hard time understanding my gender, and I believe that I am trans on purpose. I sometimes think if I were born male, god probably would have made me mtf. So when people tell me god doesn't make mistakes, I agree; god didn't mistake when he put me here, he knew fully what he was doing.
I can't watch that video at this moment, but I'll definitely watch it later tonight.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: CursedFireDean on February 22, 2014, 06:42:33 PM
In my opinion, I never would have grown in faith if I hadn't had such a hard time understanding my gender, and I believe that I am trans on purpose. I sometimes think if I were born male, god probably would have made me mtf. So when people tell me god doesn't make mistakes, I agree; god didn't mistake when he put me here, he knew fully what he was doing.
I can't watch that video at this moment, but I'll definitely watch it later tonight.

True.....True
  •  

MacG

I've been very lucky in life. I count my gender queries and uncertainty as part of that luck. Or god's will.
Brandon, you are a passionate young man and I can't wait until you come I to your own.
Thanks for posting.

Brandon

Quote from: MacG on February 22, 2014, 08:07:50 PM
I've been very lucky in life. I count my gender queries and uncertainty as part of that luck. Or god's will.
Brandon, you are a passionate young man and I can't wait until you come I to your own.
Thanks for posting.

Your very welcome  :)
  •  

FlightyBrood

Quote from: CursedFireDean on February 22, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

This is what i believe, though I don't really believe in God (though I don't NOT believe in Him...He could exist, I just don't know!) but I believe that whatever higher power you fine yourself putting faith into had a plan for you. It's a hard road to walk, but it is the road you were meant to.

•  

Brandon

Quote from: FlightyBrood on February 22, 2014, 09:15:42 PM
This is what i believe, though I don't really believe in God (though I don't NOT believe in Him...He could exist, I just don't know!) but I believe that whatever higher power you fine yourself putting faith into had a plan for you. It's a hard road to walk, but it is the road you were meant to.

That's true there is always a plan and we have a purpose.
  •  

CursedFireDean

This is a great video in so many ways
She just makes so many great points, that was definitely well worth the time to watch, thank you for sharing.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

JLT1

Brandon,

I am glad you are here.  Although it is hard, you are exactly what you need to be and where you need to be.  God does not make mistakes. Take come comfort in that.  You're young but you are growing into a man that few will ever be.

Hugs (If that's OK...),

Jen

To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Felix

I've gotten that comment more than a few times, and I don't understand why any of our transitions is any more startling to these people than cisgirls wearing eyeliner to look prettier or me clipping my cat's claws so he doesn't get them caught on the carpet. God didn't make any mistakes with my cat's paws, but I keep him indoors and so I make my own modifications to his body. My own human body wasn't working for me, so I modified it so I'm more comfortable with it. They aren't issuing critiques of all the other "unnatural" things we do to make our way in the world, so I don't get why they would pick on transpeople.

I think they are just reacting to their own instincts against people who are different, and then twisting logic to normalize their vitriol.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

LordKAT

God made trees not lumber.  That upset one person I ran into.
  •