Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Afros are not good.

Started by Keely Mcbain, March 01, 2014, 04:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keely Mcbain

Hello

So I'm trying to grow out my hair so I can pass a a girl, but there's a big problem - my AFRO!
I have the sort of hair that's big, round, poofy and tries to be everywhere at once.
if I try to grow it long it just becomes a huge flat mess that tangles at an unbelievable rate.
if I try to straighten it, it just ends up looking like I've been electrocuted.
I've tried wigs but they end up looking like a weird hat somehow.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Most people are like Autumn Leaves, scattered everywhere. The rest are like diamonds, pretty, precious and rare.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Have you tried getting your hair relaxed instead of using a straightener?
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Keely Mcbain

Quote from: LearnedHand on March 01, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Have you tried getting your hair relaxed instead of using a straightener?

No I have not...I'll be sure to give it a try.

Thanks
Most people are like Autumn Leaves, scattered everywhere. The rest are like diamonds, pretty, precious and rare.
  •  

Hikari

Make sure you use a relaxer without lye in it. I used to do my ex-wife's hair with relaxer and it is basically as easy as dying hair, but be warned even the no lye stuff can be quite hard on your hair. Then again perhaps I am biased against relaxer because I find the Angela Davis look to be quite neat.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •