Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hate PM's at Susan's

Started by Shantel, March 16, 2014, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monique

I firmly believe that if you don't have anything good to say to a person then leave it to yourself since your just hurting others with hurtful words and hate. as for me I haven't had any hateful pms yet but if I get any I simply wont write them back since I'm not gonna take that kind of abuse, I am a very nice person and would never say anything bad to anyone, actually ive had all positive feedback on here.
tu sei quello che sei, essere felici nella vostra vita e vivere la vostra vita come volete, questo è il mio consiglio per chiunque. :D
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: JordanBlue on March 16, 2014, 04:35:00 PM
Think about it.  If that was the answer, would we even be having this discussion in this thread?
No. 

Better than what it seems like you're saying.

It's impossible to keep the peace so why even bother trying?  Let this forum just descend into hatred and vitriol, and not even try to keep it a helpful and supportive place.

But it does work.  You think the world isn't a better place because we have laws and jails and a police force to prevent and punish?  It is.  Yes, for some those laws aren't going to stop them from committing crime, but the laws and police effort do greatly reduce the rates of crime by both removing criminals from the public, and preventing those that might be tempted to commit one from actually doing so.

Mods work the same way.  They enforce the rules, remove those that refuse to follow, and keep the place a safe and supportive site.  Yes there will be those that just don't care and don't follow, and the mods handle them. 

"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

JordanBlue

Quote from: 930310 on March 16, 2014, 04:51:09 PM
Could you come with something a bit more constructive and actually belonging to this thread?
No.   If you wish to speak to me, use a PM.
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly...
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Colleen♡Callie on March 16, 2014, 04:49:15 PM
Better than what it seems like you're saying.

It's impossible to keep the peace so why even bother trying?  Let this forum just descend into hatred and vitriol, and not even try to keep it a helpful and supportive place.

But it does work.  You think the world isn't a better place because we have laws and jails and a police force to prevent and punish?  It is.  Yes, for some those laws aren't going to stop them from committing crime, but the laws and police effort do greatly reduce the rates of crime by both removing criminals from the public, and preventing those that might be tempted to commit one from actually doing so.

Mods work the same way.  They enforce the rules, remove those that refuse to follow, and keep the place a safe and supportive site.  Yes there will be those that just don't care and don't follow, and the mods handle them.

That's a good point.
  •  

A hate-pm?

We were discussing about why we were against hateful comments and PM:s and you just start using a bunch of memes.
That's exactly the behaviour I consider disrespectful.
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

Monique

hate pms shouldn't be tolerated on this website at all, I don't really understand why people could even be that mean, this is supposed to help people not degrade them or hurt them in anyway possible. I myself will defiantly contact a mod if I get any since its considered hateful, disrespectful and degradable to the person who is looking for help for what they are going through,
tu sei quello che sei, essere felici nella vostra vita e vivere la vostra vita come volete, questo è il mio consiglio per chiunque. :D
  •  

JordanBlue

Quote from: 930310 on March 16, 2014, 04:57:32 PM
A hate-pm?

We were discussing about why we were against hateful comments and PM:s and you just start using a bunch of memes.
That's exactly the behaviour I consider disrespectful.
That's fine.  I consider YOU disrespectful toward me.  See? The door swings both ways.  This thread is a PRIME example of the problem. 
  •  

Ltl89

Sadly, even in a thread that is attempting to diminish arguing, it leads to more arguments.  I don't see why treating other people with respect on a support site is such a difficult concept.  Everyone makes mistakes and arguments can get the better of people, but the goal should be self improvement and admitting when we were at fault.  No one is perfect and both sides in the debates that led to this fiasco might desire to look at their own actions. I don't know why people can't mend relationships and stop unfairly judging them for not sharing your perspective.  No one should be seen as an "evil fascist that desires to oppress everyone here" nor should the other be considered a fool who lacks a college education that desires to put conservatives to death.  If neither side can see the errors of their ways or how they are being unfair to other people here, this will only continue in an endless cycle. 

•  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: JordanBlue on March 16, 2014, 05:00:33 PM
That's fine.  I consider YOU disrespectful toward me.  See? The door swings both ways.  This thread is a PRIME example of the problem. 

I'm sorry, but it's not.  930310 has been nothing but respectful towards you, where you haven't exactly been the same back in my honest opinion.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Jordan, I've tried to be respectful towards you and I've tried to steer the conversation back to it's original purpose, but it seems like you aren't really interested in discussing this subject since you show an apparent lack of respect for the people that actually do want to have a meaningful dialogue here.

•  

Quote from: Colleen♡Callie on March 16, 2014, 05:11:27 PM
Oh no, we get the point you're trying to force here. 

Manufacturing an argument to prove your point so you can call the first person to point out how disrespectful you're being as disrespectful themselves, doesn't prove your point at all.  And your posts here are becoming increasingly troll-like.  So this is where I stop feeding you and go about the rest of my day.
I agree with you Coleen. There's no reason to try reasoning with the unreasonable.

•  

JordanBlue

Quote from: 930310 on March 16, 2014, 05:07:04 PM
Jordan, I've tried to be respectful towards you and I've tried to steer the conversation back to it's original purpose, but it seems like you aren't really interested in discussing this subject since you show an apparent lack of respect for the people that actually do want to have a meaningful dialogue here.
That's your opinion.  Here's mine.
You show an apparent lack of respect for what everyone who disagrees with you posts.
What is your age?
  •  

Sephirah

Enough is enough.

This thread has degraded into attacks on each other.

Thread locked.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Nero

The thread has been locked. But as to the subject, please report hateful pms. You can remain anonymous. Maybe you will prevent someone else being targeted.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Susan

Shantel and anyone else please always report abusive pm's. The person sending them will be dealt with. Jordan has been smited with a firm warning for their posts here and elsewhere on the site. If she continues as she has I will ban her.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •