Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

5 Shocking Realities of Being Transgender the Media Ignores

Started by CalmRage, March 19, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalmRage

http://www.cracked.com/article_20997_5-shocking-realities-being-transgender-media-ignores.html

5 Shocking Realities of Being Transgender the Media Ignores
By Robert Evans,  Amy P.
March 19, 2014 814,973

I bet that, for most of you, nothing would feel weirder than having your dad or brother tell you he's now a woman. And for a certain percentage of people, the reaction to that news would be violent. The reality is that the entire concept of transgender people makes folks very uncomfortable, which means we're simply not talking about it enough.

I'm Amy, a 20-something trans woman living in California. You probably think of this state as a place that prides itself on diversity, acceptance, and every other kind of happy buzzword, but even people here are filled with enough bad information on transgender issues to fill a fundamentalist hate tract. I used to believe most of this misinformation myself, but now that I've been out and open for a few years, there's some things I think everyone should know ...
  •