News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

LGBT and the undead

Started by Aeyra, July 16, 2007, 04:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeyra

Here's something to think about!

I've always wondered why in most of your haunted houses and such as to why you almost never hear of LGBT people living in those houses. I watch a show on Discovery Channel called A Haunting and the people in these stories are never LGBT. I think about all of the alleged demonic possessions of people and poltergeists and so on and you never hear of this happening to LGBT people. Could it be that we just simply don't beleive in such things or is there some other explaination?

I think that stuff like demons and ghosts and such are not able to 'lock in' on LGBT people like they can with non-LGBT folk. I think that a demon/ghost/poltergeist is kind of like some type of non-corporeal lifeform that somehow has evolved to act as a 'parasite' to humans. For some reason it can't latch onto LGBT folk. My belief is that somehow these non-corporeal lifeforms 'latch on' by invading the electromagnetic impulses of the brain. From what I understand, the electromagnetic patterns of LGBT people are quite different than non-LGBT people, and that could be why these things can't get at us. It could be why LGBT people were seen as shamans and magicians back in ancient times.

What do you think?
  •  

Nero

don't know about that. but i do wonder if we're not more attune to the supernatural.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Pica Pica

don't believe in ghosts or anything like that. But I loved the topic name.
  •  

Jonie

You ever seen a naked ghost, where do you suppose they go to buy their clothes?
  •  

tinkerbell

I thought I had seen something when I was a child, but I'm not sure anymore.  I now believe that there's a logical explanation for everything...

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Nigella

Aeyra,

I don't know about latching on to LGBT people but I do have premonitions that come true. I think there is more to life than just the physical. Here's a couple of things.

1. One day I was driving home and coming up to a corner travelling about 50 miles an hour I heard a voice that told me to slow down (just as if someone was in the passenger seat) as I came around the corner. I did slow down to about 20 and around the corner was a car that had turned upside down with petrol everywhere. No one was in the car. Had I been travelling 50 I would have gone straight into it and who knows, may be my GID issues would have ended there and then, lol.

Just two weeks ago I was travelling behind a lorry on the motorway and it came into my mind that my front window would be cracked by a stone, not 30 seconds after that thought it did and I had to get it repaired. I wished I had backed away from the lorry sooner, insurance covered the cost though.

I could recount lots more but I don't want to bore you.

Of course I could be insane hearing voices and all that, lol

hugs and kisses

Nigella
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Aeyra on July 16, 2007, 04:57:24 PM
Here's something to think about!

I've always wondered why in most of your haunted houses and such as to why you almost never hear of LGBT people living in those houses. I watch a show on Discovery Channel called A Haunting and the people in these stories are never LGBT. I think about all of the alleged demonic possessions of people and poltergeists and so on and you never hear of this happening to LGBT people. Could it be that we just simply don't beleive in such things or is there some other explaination?

I think that stuff like demons and ghosts and such are not able to 'lock in' on LGBT people like they can with non-LGBT folk. I think that a demon/ghost/poltergeist is kind of like some type of non-corporeal lifeform that somehow has evolved to act as a 'parasite' to humans. For some reason it can't latch onto LGBT folk. My belief is that somehow these non-corporeal lifeforms 'latch on' by invading the electromagnetic impulses of the brain. From what I understand, the electromagnetic patterns of LGBT people are quite different than non-LGBT people, and that could be why these things can't get at us. It could be why LGBT people were seen as shamans and magicians back in ancient times.

What do you think?

Thinkest thou, that these apparitions fear us as much as their fundamental brethren doest?

Perhaps we see through them as we see through many others oooohhh oooo  oo  oooo

Signed,

Casper's Ghost

seriously, I accept that we may be more in touch with the supernatural in some ways.  It wouldn't surprise me if our different brains somehow affect our relationship to the 'other side'.  I have seen or felt spirits before and had dreams that foretold the near future.  I have no explanation for that.

It could just be a coincidence that LGBT people haven't been taped for a TV show going through this type of thing....  or maybe ...

these apparitions fear us as much as their fundamental brethren doest?

•  

Rachael

Gays dont see ghosts! what a rediculous idea!
(its probably that sexuality is never mentioned, there are probably many folk who see ghosts, i doubt who you choose to sleep with means squat with regards to sightings of spirits etc... its probably never mentioned as deemed irellevant...
  •  

sarah.s

Quote from: Rachael on July 26, 2007, 06:53:56 PM
Gays dont see ghosts! what a rediculous idea!
(its probably that sexuality is never mentioned, there are probably many folk who see ghosts, i doubt who you choose to sleep with means squat with regards to sightings of spirits etc... its probably never mentioned as deemed irellevant...

haha loved this

if someone is one gender on the inside and another on the outside, surely when they die the outside (body) dies too but the inside (spirit) carries on so the person becomes who they truly are in the afterlife, so there is no need for LGBT issues?

•  

Rachael

i find the idea of a >-bleeped-< ghost absolutely awesomely hilarious :D
R :police:
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Jonie on July 16, 2007, 06:14:20 PM

At the boo-tique, of course.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Rachael

gtfo! that was aweful! :D

is this just ghosts? or do transexual vampires count?
* Rachael hides her nashers
  •  

David W. Shelton

talk about thread necromancy... yikes!
  •  

Rachael

well it is a thread about the undead....
  •  

cindybc

Wing Walker and I have a ghost living with us for the last two years. But my first encounter with this ghost, I named her Cassandra, she never made any fuss so I guess she like the name I give her when I was 9 years old. Anyway I cant speak for what other people see. What I see if it's spirit it they materialise  it is  as a ball of bluish white light. Cassandra just shows as a shadow usually at the periphery of our vision. I have on different occasions seen her right smack on. It is a female shape but in shadow form, so there is no way to tell if they wear clothes or not.

Cindy
  •  

Sarah

There's deffinitely LGBT Zombies.
I mean havn't you ever seen a Zombie movie?

They bite whoever!

They don't care what you are. You are unbitten flesh to them!

Sara
  •  

Wing Walker

Quote from: Lisbeth on November 27, 2007, 11:09:58 AM
Quote from: Jonie on July 16, 2007, 06:14:20 PM

At the boo-tique, of course.

I love a well-turned pun!

Perhaps ghosts are rednecks at heart and will only appear to fundies, (perhaps they were friends in a previous life) and those who cannot qualify to be fundie rednecks (pick your group to be scared from the premises).

Wing Walker
  •