News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

1st appointment friday....

Started by wallflowerXo, March 25, 2014, 02:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallflowerXo

SOoooooooo

After a few long months of serious questioning and self-doubt i finally sat down today to book myself an appointment with a psychologist/therapist to help me sort out my personal concerns and help prepare myself for transition... gosh THAT was an awkward conversation though..... i got a call back on a mobile phone about an hour later. Neither of us could hear one another... it was bad because she kept asking those basic little time-saver questions, name, d.o.b, address, etc then finally the big question, purpose for appointment and i was like "um ah, um ah.... and i started mumbling and stumbling as i spoke, all like "depressionandgenderissuesitsreallygotmefeelingsickandall" she didnt get it after like three tries so i practically had to yell at her "GENDER CONCERNS, I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE TO HELP WITH MY TRANSITION". after that she seemed to get everything else i was saying.... im gonna chalk it up to my own nervousness i think... i felt so embarrassed having to say all that stuff on the phone though what a god-awful moment.

anyway it's done and out of the way, i've got my very 1st appointment this friday at 10.am, im nervous, im embarrassed and i'm cautiously optimistic....
  •  

xponentialshift

I hope it goes well for you!
I just set up my first appointment for either the 9th or 16th depending on how soon I can get a flight back home to CA. I was a bit nervous setting it up but luckily I was able to do it through email... I have a huge phobia of making phone calls especially to people I don't know, so I commend you in doing something I would never have been able to do myself!
  •  

wallflowerXo

oh im not that brave  :embarrassed:

I sent my initial inquiry online, and when they called me back, it was a private number.... i was hoodwinked i say.... but either way it's worked out lol
  •  

Emily.T

I have my first appt on the 25th I have had to wait 5 months I wasn't nervous at all I just want this part done so I can start on hrt and my transition.
  •  

wallflowerXo

Quote from: Emily.T on March 25, 2014, 06:43:58 AM
I have my first appt on the 25th I have had to wait 5 months I wasn't nervous at all I just want this part done so I can start on hrt and my transition.

makes sense... personally im kind of excited just to have somebody to talk to lol, i come from a big family family FULL of guys, only female relatives live way far out of my area so we arent that close, and i've never been able to bring it up with other friends in conversation, it will be nice to have a real human sounding board for my stress and anxieties on the subject, im looking forward to HRT but i know it could still be a while away yet  :(
  •  

Emily.T

I completely understand where your coming from before I came out to my family I felt that I was all alone but I was surprised how accepting they were.  I have 3 sisters and I was the only boy but when I told them they were all like it all makes sense now they always knew that I was different but couldn't work out how but now I have their full support.
  •