Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Best SRS/ GRS (M2F) ???

Started by 2124abc, March 30, 2014, 01:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2124abc

Thank you Isabell, that helped very much. I was considering because my parents were convincing me its easier to not go to Canada for the treatment but because I want my adams apple done I wont trust a regular cosmetic surgeon in Australia to do it - I'll go to Brassard for vaginoplasty and tracheal shave :) thank you everyone
  •  

Gina_Z

•  

shoko

Hi, I just wanted to know have you done research on any other docs vs Dr. Brassard?  For example the ones in Thailand that do the non-inversion/proprietary technique?

Also, how do you get these letters proving you have lived as a female for a certain amount of time?  What if you don't want to do that until after the surgery and are okay with it?

And for those living in California, is there any medical insurance that covers these operations?  Recommended docs to call?

Thank you!
  •  

warmbody28

What some have done is use a letter from their FFS surgeon and then once they get to Thailand the surgeons can arrange for you to see one of their psychiatrist. Which takes all of 20 minutes. It's a way people have currently gotten around the whole one year plus rule recently
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: shoko on November 13, 2015, 11:56:35 AM
Hi, I just wanted to know have you done research on any other docs vs Dr. Brassard?  For example the ones in Thailand that do the non-inversion/proprietary technique?

You could have  look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,193067.msg1721458.html#msg1721458
and here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,193632.msg1726310.html#msg1726310

•  

shoko

Thank you, I checked out the links.  I suppose for Thailand that means only if you're having it done there can you go around this requirement.  There has to be another way, in the US or Canada?  I mean, who determines an actual date and how long you've been living as a female?  This is so frustrating
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: shoko on November 14, 2015, 10:11:02 PM
Thank you, I checked out the links.  I suppose for Thailand that means only if you're having it done there can you go around this requirement.  There has to be another way, in the US or Canada?  I mean, who determines an actual date and how long you've been living as a female?  This is so frustrating

The surgeon decides what criteria they use. They don't need psych approval at all, but generally require it (its not 100% though). I may be wrong, but I believe that in general in the USA if you can get a couple of psych's to sign off on it you can get the surgery no matter what. If the psych says its a year then its a year. Its still up to the surgeon though.

Or just go to Thailand. There's excellent surgeons there. Get a foreign psych approval to make life easy as Thai Law requires it. It's a different culture and different legal system. I prefer theirs in this respect.

A small number of people are definitely doing this, so its not impossible. It just not overly clear how they manage it since they don't seem to like talking in public about it. I'm certainly going to do it if I need to.
  •  

Laura_7

This is from another posting:
Hello everyone, as others have stated there are no rules just guidelines.  Everyone involved in the process has to be OK with moving forward with SRS at a quicker pace than advised when warranted.

In my case I was suffering 'intense transsexllism' or 'intensely transsexual', gender dysphoria did not play a part.   My condition hampered my work and interactions with society.  Not to mention inability to experience my full sexuality and happiness.  Only real clinical treatment for condition is SRS

If you have intense disphoria look for counseling...
and there are helplines...
  •  

OCAnne

Um, that was from one of my posts.  I am much better now!
Anne
'My Music, Much Money, Many Moons'
YTMV (Your Transsexualism May Vary)
  •  

Debra

I'm pretty happy with what I got from Marci Bowers in San Mateo.

The recovery was tough for me...I didn't wear jeans for 5 months after....stuck to comfy sweats and skirts, etc.

As for aesthetics, it looks pretty good....but definitely could be better. I've been back to see Marci like a year later (for further granulation tissue treatment) and she even commented on how she should have done this or that differently lol.

She doesn't have the best bedside manner but she does good work.

I haven't had sex with women since the surgery but I've had sex with 2 men since (one being my husband). It was good enough for them but I feel like guys aren't so picky and both of them knew I was trans beforehand.

•