Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yeson Voice Center: traveling alone?

Started by Alessia, April 09, 2014, 09:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessia

@Jenn
@Joanne

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to go with the wireless router too :)

@Amy

Hi Amy! I'm thinking about doing a wire transfer too, but I heard that there is an expensive wire transfer fee.  Was this the case for you?  A wire transfer seems like the safest way of getting the money over there.  I'm considering paying with cash, in order to save some money on fees, and also to avoid the possibility of my credit card being declined for whatever reason.  But, if the fee for wiring money isn't that bad, I definitely will go with that.  Thanks again :)

Ciao
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hi Alessia,

Quote from: Alessia on April 20, 2014, 05:40:49 PM
Hi Amy! I'm thinking about doing a wire transfer too, but I heard that there is an expensive wire transfer fee.  Was this the case for you? 

The wire transfer fee was US$ 40 all in all. In relation to the amount you're transfering, that's a quantité négligeable.

Regards,

Amy
  •  

Alessia

@Amy

Hi Amy! Wow! only $40! That's great! Thank you so much for sharing that with me :) I'm going to double check with my bank just in case to make sure it doesn't have any other additional fees.  Thanks again!!!!!

Ciao
  •  

inspire

Quote from: jenn90210 on April 14, 2014, 12:57:40 AM

no problem girl, if you have anymore questions let me know. yah i'm very excited to hear the final result, i love it so far.

yah everything's been healing nicely, i started talking a couple days ago and im very pleased with the results so far. i'll be posting a voice recording soon on my yeson thread.
@Jenn
Mind putting a link to your thread?
  •  

inspire

I am planning to go in mid-may...if any if you are lets connect...also if you girls could recommend hotels....i would love to have a room with a kitchen. thanks

~Riya
  •  

MeganChristine

Quote from: inspire on April 23, 2014, 11:56:05 AM
I am planning to go in mid-may...if any if you are lets connect...also if you girls could recommend hotels....i would love to have a room with a kitchen. thanks

~Riya

I'm going to stay at Gangnam Artnouveau City, like Sarah and a couple of other girls have done. I'm arriving July 5th.

Besides that, Jessie, could recommend a cost effective solution found at http://philhouse.co.kr/index.php?lengs=en

-MegC
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hi MegC,

Quote from: MeganChristine on April 23, 2014, 02:27:36 PM
Besides that, Jessie, could recommend a cost effective solution found at http://philhouse.co.kr/index.php?lengs=en

We're staying there at the moment. These are nice little self-catering holiday apartments and perfectly suitable for a 10-day stay. In our particular room, the bed frame could use some screw tightening (mattress is fine, though), but everything else works perfectly. And the people that run the place are exceptionally nice.

Regards,

Amy
  •  

MeganChristine

Hi Amy,

Awesome :) have you trekked up the mountain yet? And how is the area :) might be change location if it's a quiet place :) 
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hi Megan,

no, the mountain is definitely still on the list. Mind you, I only had my surgery yesterday, I need some time to recover! ;-)

Phil House is located in a quiet side street of a main thoroughfare, far enough off to not be noisy. In terms of general shopping and restaurant needs, the area is quite well-equipped – just your standard residential area. The only downside is that it takes ~30 minutes by train to get to the city center.

Amy
  •  

inspire

Quote from: AmyBerlin on April 23, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
Hi MegC,

We're staying there at the moment. These are nice little self-catering holiday apartments and perfectly suitable for a 10-day stay. In our particular room, the bed frame could use some screw tightening (mattress is fine, though), but everything else works perfectly. And the people that run the place are exceptionally nice.

Regards,

Amy

Does this place come with a kitchen? what is the rate/night?
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hi inspire,

Quote from: inspire on April 23, 2014, 05:35:42 PM
Does this place come with a kitchen? what is the rate/night?

The website, incl. current price quotes, is http://www.philhouse.co.kr/. We paid 60,000 KRW/night for what they call a "Double Room" which is actually more of a studio apartment of about 250-300 sq ft. Facilities include private shower/toilet, TV, AC, refrigerator/freezer combination (important for ice cream, which you should eat after surgery), washing machine, 2-flame gas range and sink.

Hope this helps,

Amy
  •  

inspire

Quote from: AmyBerlin on April 23, 2014, 06:42:54 PM
Hi inspire,

The website, incl. current price quotes, is http://www.philhouse.co.kr/. We paid 60,000 KRW/night for what they call a "Double Room" which is actually more of a studio apartment of about 250-300 sq ft. Facilities include private shower/toilet, TV, AC, refrigerator/freezer combination (important for ice cream, which you should eat after surgery), washing machine, 2-flame gas range and sink.

Hope this helps,

Amy

Hey Amy,

How is the commute like from the place to Yeson Center? How is the neighborhood like? Are you by yourself? and please excuse me for shooting so many questions :)

~Riya
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hey Riya,

Quote from: inspire on April 23, 2014, 07:10:28 PM
How is the commute like from the place to Yeson Center? How is the neighborhood like? Are you by yourself?

By train: 1,050 won/person, takes 45 minutes due to 2 changeovers. By taxi (recommended): 9,500 won, takes 15 minutes. The neighbourhood of Phil House is middle-class residential, still urban, but not inner-city anymore. And my girlfriend is with me, so there's 2 of us.

Quote from: inspire on April 23, 2014, 07:10:28 PM
and please excuse me for shooting so many questions :)

Don't worry, that's what we're here for, to support each other :-)

Amy
  •  

AmyBerlin

Dear Riya,

I've posted a more detailed description of Phil House with photographs under https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,157713.msg1415202.html#msg1415202.

Regards,

Amy
  •  

Allyda

If things work out with my refinance I have no one to make the trip to Seoul with me. My SO has a 4 year old so she couldn't get away for the amount of time needed. I should know something in the next two weeks about my refinance, and as far as when I go, I can be flexible. I'll update my situation as I know more.

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

MeganChristine

Quote from: Allyda on April 30, 2014, 01:14:42 PM
If things work out with my refinance I have no one to make the trip to Seoul with me. My SO has a 4 year old so she couldn't get away for the amount of time needed. I should know something in the next two weeks about my refinance, and as far as when I go, I can be flexible. I'll update my situation as I know more.

Ally :icon_flower:

When are you going there?

I'm arriving Seoul July 5th and leaving again 16th. Going to stay at the Gangnam artnouveau city.

Btw. Pre-op 7th, op 8th and checkup 15th

-megc
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: MeganChristine on April 30, 2014, 02:37:54 PM
When are you going there?

I'm arriving Seoul July 5th and leaving again 16th. Going to stay at the Gangnam artnouveau city.

Btw. Pre-op 7th, op 8th and checkup 15th

-megc
I won't have an exact date until I know more about my refinance which should be soon. As for my date, I can be flexible for now. Your dates sound OK with me providing I can get my $$ together and schedule my appt's and surgery around the same time. I know I don't want to embark on a trip like this alone though. However it all hinges on my refinance amount. My current home is nearly paid off though so I'm expecting a fairly good offer. I just can't be exact with a date just yet. I will keep this thread informed as soon as I have a clearer picture on my situation.
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Jessray

Hrm. From what I gathered from them they only seem to do one person (one operation) every week (two weeks?) and they're booked well into August already, because I asked to swap/postpone my date back a week or two in mid April and was told they were already booked and confirmed. Your earliest possible date even if you sign up today, would be mid-late August, and I suspect it's into end Aug/early Sep by now.
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: Jessray on May 01, 2014, 02:29:23 AM
Hrm. From what I gathered from them they only seem to do one person (one operation) every week (two weeks?) and they're booked well into August already, because I asked to swap/postpone my date back a week or two in mid April and was told they were already booked and confirmed. Your earliest possible date even if you sign up today, would be mid-late August, and I suspect it's into end Aug/early Sep by now.

wow booked out till August ... I will have my vocal folds picture taken with local ENT surgeon later this month, hopefully I will be eligible to do my 2nd VFS with Dr.Kim later this year
  •  

inspire

Hey I am scheduled for mine on May21st. I wIll be getting to Seoul the 18th. I am travelling by myself. Let me know if any of you got something scheduled around that time. It be awesome to get together.
  •