Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yeson Voice Center: traveling alone?

Started by Alessia, April 09, 2014, 09:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspire

Quote from: AmyBerlin on April 29, 2014, 05:52:03 PM
Dear Riya,

I've posted a more detailed description of Phil House with photographs under https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,157713.msg1415202.html#msg1415202.

Regards,

Amy

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much. How are u doing now? How long had it been for u and how easy/hard is it being mute 24hrs for the a few weeks? :)
  •  

AmyBerlin

Dear Riya,

Quote from: inspire on May 02, 2014, 02:48:25 PM
How are u doing now? How long had it been for u and how easy/hard is it being mute 24hrs for the a few weeks? :)

I'm 10 days postoperative now, back in Berlin and can say I'm feeling fine. Once you're getting used to it, not saying a word all day actually becomes pretty easy. There are occasions – for example, if you're startled by something – when it can be different to stay silent, but your throat signals you that something has changed, so you'll stop soon enough anyway. Controlling coughs and sneezing is more difficult and takes some time getting used to.

However, it can be quite taxing for your environment: my silence is starting to drive my girlfriend up the wall. Because I cannot react immediately – as writing takes its time –, she misinterprets this sometimes as me being uncaring, absent-minded or stubborn, causing needless tensions between us. When viewing it consciously, she sees that these fears are unfounded, but nevertheless, the tensions are there and we have to deal with them.

Hope this helps,

Amy
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Alessia on April 09, 2014, 09:52:31 PM
Hello everybody! My name is Alessia, and in early August I'll be heading over to Seoul for the voice feminization surgery at the Yeson Voice Center.  I'm new here, but I've read a lot of the other posts related to the Yeson Voice Center, which has been extremely helpful! Because I'll be traveling alone my concern is about getting around after having the surgery.  I won't be able to speak so how will I travel around etc.  for example, if I need to take a taxi, how will I communicate where I need to go? Has anyone traveled to Yeson alone and can offer some advice on how they were able to get around Korea after surgery?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thankssss ciao!

Not being able to speak is no problem at all in Seoul. Most Koreans understand written English far better than spoken English. Thus, if you show a memo written in English or hangul, it is more effective in communication than speaking. You may need to carry paper/pencil or smartphone to make and show a memo.

Regarding air pollution in Seoul, refer to the following figure. Yellow dusts coming from Central Asia and China cause air pollution and health problem, especially in Spring.

The x-axis of the right figure denotes month. Y-axis is the frequency of yellow dust.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Alessia

@barbie

Hi Barbie!  Thank you for all the info! I didn't think about the air pollution, I'll make sure to be aware of it when I get to Korea.  Do you know how the air pollution is during August?  That's when I'll be in Korea.  Thanks again :)

•  

barbie

Quote from: Alessia on May 06, 2014, 08:49:46 PM
@barbie

Hi Barbie!  Thank you for all the info! I didn't think about the air pollution, I'll make sure to be aware of it when I get to Korea.  Do you know how the air pollution is during August?  That's when I'll be in Korea.  Thanks again :)

Alessia,

Yellow dust will be minimal in August, but it will be very humid and hot. Or, it will rain all day.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

inspire

Can someone advise what is the smartest thing to get at the airport for styaing in touch with ppl while I cant talk? Also any ideas what the weather like now.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: inspire on May 07, 2014, 04:01:29 PM
Can someone advise what is the smartest thing to get at the airport for styaing in touch with ppl while I cant talk? Also any ideas what the weather like now.

The weather now is a typical spring. Warm at daytime and a  little bit chilly at night. Blue sky. Weather forecast says it will be warmer this weekend. Probably May and October are the best seasons to enjoy the nature here.

Wi-Fi is free in the airports of Korea. In addition, there are several PCs in the internet cafe of every airport, and you can use them without paying anything.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

inspire

So I just got back from South Korea. The surgery went well. Had the botox shot. Since then I have had sore throat n runny nose and been coughing a bit. I am not sure whats wrong. I do sound hoarse. You guys have any feedback. Botox side effects?

I am 10 days post op.

~Riya
  •  

barbie

Quote from: inspire on May 29, 2014, 04:34:14 PM
So I just got back from South Korea. The surgery went well. Had the botox shot. Since then I have had sore throat n runny nose and been coughing a bit. I am not sure whats wrong. I do sound hoarse. You guys have any feedback. Botox side effects?

I am 10 days post op.

~Riya

Congrats.
I was in Seoul on May 30-31, just returning home.
Not yet any schedule of visiting Seoul in June.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

ElleA

Hi ladies,

My partner and I are discussing this exact topic right now. I am a bit of a talkative being and we were wondering if it was best for me to go alone so I wont be tempted to talk for at least the first 10-14 days. Or whether it would be better to have the company there to keep me sane.

What would you choose if you could choose to have someone or not to have someone with you?
  •  

anjaq

I think it all depends on who you can have as company. Those who offered to come with me I would rather refuse since I am so sure Iwould talk to them. One can get really really angry and in trouble for some stupid reason, the other would try to talk english and not be able to, say all wrong and I would need to correct. LOL - I think thy both are better staying home

•  

MeganChristine

Quote from: ElleA on October 27, 2014, 04:48:52 AM
Hi ladies,

My partner and I are discussing this exact topic right now. I am a bit of a talkative being and we were wondering if it was best for me to go alone so I wont be tempted to talk for at least the first 10-14 days. Or whether it would be better to have the company there to keep me sane.

What would you choose if you could choose to have someone or not to have someone with you?

I went there alone, but I found that communication with everyone else would have been much easier if someone was there with me. But then again you will have to fight the temptation of speaking.
And it can be very frustrating having to type everything. Something I experienced when I got back home. Prepare yourself for a period of solitude ;) I'd find that MUCH easier ;)

-MegC
  •  

ElleA

Thanks lovelies,

That was pretty mush what I was thinking, I would love the company but am worried that it will make me want to talk.
I think my partner is actually looking forward to me not being able to talk. She say's it is going to be peaceful. hehe.

I will just have to make up my mind. :-\
  •