Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Follow me as I try to tackle diabetes

Started by dalebert, April 11, 2014, 01:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

QuoteI've been filtering my coffee better. Unfiltered coffee can spike cholesterol

What's coffee filtering?  ???
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: Nimrata (aka LH) on June 04, 2014, 08:59:07 AM
What's coffee filtering?  ???

Can't tell if joking... Anyway, I've been using an Aeropress with a reusable steel filter. I started using a paper filter as well.

dalebert

I continue to be shocked and surprised by what I can and can't eat. Half a bag of baked snap peas (about two servings) spiked me to 131. Meanwhile, kettle-cooked potato chips don't spike me. Half a pint of Ben and Jerry's mint cookie ice cream didn't spike me at all! I tested that twice actually, eating half one day and half the next. If I see a common factor in the foods that have carbs and yet don't spike me, I think it's fat content. Having fat seems to dramatically slow its absorption to rates my body can handle. Not sure about that though. But the fact that the snap peas were baked and not fried seems to be so they'll be healthy (if you believe fat is unhealthy which is highly debatable) but it makes them very unhealthy for me as a prediabetic.

dalebert

Maybe there is hope for slowing this diabetes epidemic. This wisdom is becoming more mainstream.