Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What brushes do I need?

Started by Jessica15, April 13, 2014, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica15

I was watching some youtube videos and it seems a lot of girls use a variety of MAC brushes.  But when I went to the Macy's website to see how much they cost I was shocked when I saw them being sold between $25-34 dollars!  I feel like I'd be spending well over $150 on brushes alone, and I haven't even gotten started on makeup.

What brushes should I buy?

My current makeup consists of the following:
Urban Decay eye primer
Loreal eye shadow (4 color palette - black, and three shades of grey/silver) with some small little spongy applicator stick.
Black eyeliner pencil
Some liquid foundation and lipstick I discretely borrowed from my Mom's makeup bag.
  •  

KarynMcD

You don't need expensive brushes. They aren't going to apply the makeup any better.
Here check out Sephora and read the reviews.
http://www.sephora.com/makeup-brush-sets
Find one in your price range with good reviews.
  •  

Beckett02

I've had a good experience with a lot of brushes from ELF and Profusion Cosmetics. Both are pretty cheap, although you can only get Profusion Brushes in sets, which are about $20 for twelve brushes. ELF brushes are cheaper, with each brush being about $6. I've heard Real Technique brushes are also really nice, and they're about $10 for a set of three.
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Beckett02 on May 27, 2018, 12:00:47 AM
I've had a good experience with a lot of brushes from ELF and Profusion Cosmetics. Both are pretty cheap, although you can only get Profusion Brushes in sets, which are about $20 for twelve brushes. ELF brushes are cheaper, with each brush being about $6. I've heard Real Technique brushes are also really nice, and they're about $10 for a set of three.

Hi @Beckett02 Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

If you are one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

I got a cheap brush kit from the drugstore.  The only one I use regularly is the powder brush.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Chelsea

I use Ecotools brushes I got from Walmart and am very pleased with them. They are really high quality to be a cheaper brush. I have 2 MAC brushes I got from my niece and don't think they are any better than the Walmart ones. I think cheaper brushes work just fine.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I was recommended a mid priced brand but when faced with the purchase I found them too much for me.  I also bought an Ecotools set in a nice travel case.  They are very nice and work well for me.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

MissyMay2.0

I saw a set of Sephora antibacterial brushes on their website for ~ $62.00
  •