Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sharing some stuff

Started by Hex, April 20, 2014, 02:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hex

Yay for discovering the art part of the forum lol.
I've been a freelance artist for the past 4 years, working full time the last 3 and just thought I'd share some of my more appropriate stuff.
I don't have any transgender themed artworks out yet, but I've been thinking of working on some stuff eventually once time clears up for me.
I use a Wacom 13HD Cintiq for all my art from start to finish and mostly use Paint tool sai and PS CS5.5
I have no prior schooling, so all self taught.

This is Hex Darkwood. I created him last year after I came to a turning point in realizing who I was. He's the character I most closely identify with and have actually named my self after him.

More Hex

This was a gift I did for my dad's birthday last year. He's a leo and loves lions.

Painted this up last year but haven't ever gotten around to finishing it up so still a WIP

Some shirt designs I did.

Another Hex. This was a speedpaint I did. Took about 2 hoursish in Sai

Random vent art I did the other week, again Hex. I don't get a ton of personal art time to my self so when I do I usually end up drawing him lol

If you want to see more you can visit my SFW sites:
http://braindeaddork.deviantart.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cyia-Kanami/193743327312677?ref=hl
And if you're interested in my actual client NSFW stuff:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cyiakanami/

Thanks for taking a gander!
I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!
My journey to becoming a transman

•  

Hex

Thanks! And sure! Let's see..

This is actually a panel out of a comic I'm working on.

Hex and my other character Dae

This another character of mine Named Adrian

This is Jin

And this is Anima

Pretty much a character dump at the moment. I draw a lot of furry art since that's where the most work from my clients come from. This stuff is mostly my personal works I've done in my free time.
I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!

•  

L G

Also a big fan of your style. I would be crazy not to say I don't think of D&D on some of your stuff, but that might be because I am in that kind of mood lately. Great stuff anyway.
  •  

Hex

Thank you! I hadn't ever heard about relating my stuff to D&D but that makes me feel awesome! Love their stuff the artists do.

•  

L G

Specifically tieflings with some of your characters. Earlier editions especially, the newer ones had a much more demonic tinge to them.
  •  

Hex

Oh yeah! I googled and I def see the resemblance XD I'm a big demon fan so makes sense

•  

DriftingCrow

Pretty cool man.

Where do you mostly sell your stuff -- like personal buyers or like commercial stuff?
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Hex

I sell to personal clients off of Furaffinity at the moment. Eventually I'd like to steer into commercial

•  

Dalex

Wow... I am officially jealous... Can I steal your artist skills? Just a tad of it?

But really, you got some great stuff there :) Don't ever stop drawing.
  •  

Hex

Quote from: Dalex on April 24, 2014, 03:50:07 PM
Wow... I am officially jealous... Can I steal your artist skills? Just a tad of it?

But really, you got some great stuff there :) Don't ever stop drawing.

;D Thank you! *shares some of his talent* There ya go! XD

•  

Dalex

Quote from: Hex on April 25, 2014, 05:58:08 PM
;D Thank you! *shares some of his talent* There ya go! XD

*Dives into the talent that was shared* Thank you! x3 :P
Well, perhaps one day I will get where you are :) My dream has always been to live as an artist, but I know it is a tough world to manage to get get into, so I tip my hat to you. I put that dream on the shelve, and am thinking of becoming a Gender therapist since there are only five people that are on the trans team in the entire country I live in. But perhaps I have talent enough to keep it going on the side as a hobby, and perhaps a bit more later on :) But yes!!... I got a bit off topic here....

I demand more sexy demons... Yes! *sagenods* x3
  •  

Hex

I too was thinking about becoming a therapist of some sort later on in life but it would possibly be a side job next to my art as well. Don't give up and I totally watched you on DA. You're art is awesome! I've been just private commissions for the past 4 years and it's given me enough time to work a ton on my art. So just doodle till your hand falls off! XD Then you can get a robotic one instead! lolol

Also YES more demons! Always need more of them lol

•  

Dalex

Oh wow, thank you for the compliment x3 And yush! I shall doodle till my hands fall off xD Robotic arm would probably look bad ass, I think I might be able to pull that off xP

Yes, demons all around!

It's raining demons! Hallelujah...

Err, that does not somehow sound as good as it did in my head xP
  •  

Hex

Bwahaha *gets umbrella and turns it upside down to catch the demons*

•  

Dalex

*Shrugs but grabs an umbrella and joins in!* x3 Maybe I'll catch a good one!
  •  

Hex

Thought I'd update with a few new things I did. Just some colored sketches that i was practicing anatomy on.

Adrian showin off >>

Bit more of an artsy style of Hex

*coughs* I was practicing foreshortening I swear..

•  

Dalex

Really looking good there! I'm loving the last one XD
Though the one in the middle really stands out to me, something about it... Don't know what it is, but it looks really great :)
  •  

DriftingCrow

Looks good man.

I wish I had those abs. :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Hex

Thanks guys! I think my fave is the middle one as well >> Long tongues are awesome haha

•  

Hex

Latest painting I just finished. Bit of a concept background but don't think it turned out too bad.

•