Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sharing some stuff

Started by Hex, April 20, 2014, 02:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen♡Callie

Ugh!  I could have sworn I commented on this before. 

Hex your artwork is simply incredible!  I love your style.

Also how is the Cintiq 13HD's color?  I have an old Cintiq 12wx, and the color is always a bit off.  Would love to upgrade, maybe to a Cintiq Companion, but can't afford too.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Hex

Thank you! And I love it! I used a bamboo fun and touch for about 3 years and while it was a pretty good tablet, the pressure sensitivity on the Cintiq is far more superior. The color is pretty good, it doesn't quite match up with the brightness on my monitor and it was such a hassle to try and fix the issue without messing up my monitor's colors too so I've left it. I just glance up every now and again to make sure colors ect look alright.
But it was totally worth the money. I got super lucky getting one lol.

Also because I totally forgot, thought I'd update on a painting I finished yesterday

I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!
My journey to becoming a transman

•  

DriftingCrow

That looks really nice, it's really hard to do good shadows on faces.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Hex

Thanks!
And thought I'd upload some colored sketches of some of my OCs

Left to right: Cy(bird-dog hybrid), Dominix (my demon police chief), and Void
I run a FtM blog where I pour my experiences out for others to read. Check it out!

•  

Dalex

They look really good Hex.
I´m liking the hair colors and style you got going for these three :)
Can't wait to see more.
  •  

Hex

•  

Hex

My latest painting I finished last night. Took about 4 hours.

•  

Blue Senpai

I'm not THAT good at drawing but my artist deserves credit for this self-portrait:

•  

Hex

Do you have a link to the artists page?

•  

Hex

Thanks! They have some really nice art :D

•  

Blue Senpai

Quote from: Hex on July 03, 2014, 09:23:53 PM
Thanks! They have some really nice art :D

Yes but quite expensive to commission, depending on what you want.
  •  

Hex

They actually run right about the same prices I charge for my art haha. Though I also make a living off of my art and work 5-6 days a week doing nothing but art. Still not the best wages but it works. I think they charge a good rate if not deserve to boost the prices up a bit more.

•  

Serenahikaru

"There'll come a day where you realize you were so afraid of what others thought, you never got to live the life you wanted."
  •  

sad panda

Love your stuff! Hex is hot! XD
  •  

Hex

Nice gallery Serena! and thanks Panda :D Hex is totally my fave <3

•  

Hex

Ended up doing another painting yesterday. Really like the turn out on this one.

•  

Hex

Thought I'd dust this off and post a bit more art I finished recently.

Did this one the other day of Hex

And for the furries here, my sona Hex lol

Sadly don't have more to offer right now. Hit a wall of depression for a long while and still trying to get back into the swing of things.

•  

Amato

Good stuff. You say you havent drawn/painted in a while because of depression? This stuff is really good for someone just getting back into the swing of things. I went through a similar experience and when I had to get back into drawing all my stuff looked like crap. Yours looks like you've been drawing and painting everyday. I'm a bit jealous.
  •  

Hex

I didn't share the hundreds of sketches and failed doodles that came before these haha. Just had to keep pushing my self like crazy

•