Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Am I intersex after all?

Started by Dany, April 22, 2014, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dany

hi people of planet earth! haha!

So firstly, I function as a guy perfectly both socially and sexually, I do't have any problems or issues with my masculinity. However, I do have a very feminine body built, in other words that means I have the most characteristics that a woman normally has that all of you already know about including a longer arm span than my height, I'm longer from the waist down than from the waist up which should be about equal in men, feminine digit ratio...And besides all that I've been doing everything a girl does ever since the age of 5 man! Wearing bras, makeup, dresses and et cetera, well obviously privately but still...I just cannot avoid it. So, I seem to have a feminine curvy body, I even attain some mannerisms that are much more proper to women, I think like a girl whereas we talking about fashion, makeup and so on, deep down I know I certainly have a woman in me, although all that femininity doesn't leak into my masculinity, you know what I mean? I can still be a guy just fine which is in fact something I have no problem with. I'm very confused as to what I am and how exactly I can be happy because I will never be able to stop that girl in me from coming out.

Thanks for reading!!! I appreciate your kind words!!! Take care ladies...
  •  

Ms Grace

Hi Danny

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Glad to have you here - looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

Please check out these useful guides:

As for you being intersex I might leave that to someone else to answer. My understanding is that being intersex meant you were born with both and/or indeterminate genitals or a certain chromosomal make up (could be way wrong).

Cheers

Grace
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Northern Jane

None of the things you mention are 'proof' of being Intersexed - only a medical diagnosis can prove that. Intersex is any one of dozens of conditions where the chromosomes, genes, or reproductive system contain abnormalities.

•  

V M

Hi Dany

It is best to consult your Dr. to determine whither you have an intersexed condition or not
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JessikaBlackMage

A lot of these things you have described I have as well, so I am wondering the same thing about myself. Based on my research into the Intersex condition (my significant other is Intersex) Intersex does not mean one particular thing or another. I am male to female trans but I seem to have some symptoms of Androgen Insensetivitiy Syndrome so I am wondering if there is more to be as well.
  •  

Serenation

Quote from: JessikaBlackMage on May 12, 2014, 02:49:54 AM
A lot of these things you have described I have as well, so I am wondering the same thing about myself. Based on my research into the Intersex condition (my significant other is Intersex) Intersex does not mean one particular thing or another. I am male to female trans but I seem to have some symptoms of Androgen Insensetivitiy Syndrome so I am wondering if there is more to be as well.

Hi Jessika, like V M said you really have to see a doctor. Did you ever have your Testosterone levels checked by doc?
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

HughE

Quote from: Northern Jane on April 24, 2014, 04:37:43 AM
None of the things you mention are 'proof' of being Intersexed - only a medical diagnosis can prove that. Intersex is any one of dozens of conditions where the chromosomes, genes, or reproductive system contain abnormalities.

True, having the type of body structure Dany seems to be talking about is the result of having hypogonadism (i.e. below normal male testosterone) from a very young age rather than being intersexed, however the two often go hand in hand.

There's a more complete list of the effects of hypogonadism on build:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,157295.msg1352650.html#msg1352650
  •  

JessikaBlackMage

Quote from: Serenation on May 12, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
Hi Jessika, like V M said you really have to see a doctor. Did you ever have your Testosterone levels checked by doc?

I will be seeing a doctor in a few weeks to get more hormones and I will have them check that, I will also ask about the other things , I think it would be nice if I turned out to be intersex because my girlfriend is as well she has both sets of parts. It would just make me feel closer to her to come over the same umbrella as her.
  •  

Catspit

Found this thread a little late, but since no one else has mentioned it, I thought I'd bring this up...

Being intersexed is a medical condition - a number of medical conditions, actually. But there are plenty of identities that cover feeling both male and female, or sometimes male and sometimes female, or some other variety of "not just one or the other," and that might be a good place to start looking for info, especially if you don't have any physical indicators to suggest that you're intersexed. You might try looking up the terms "bigender," "genderfluid," and "nonbinary," or go have a look at the nonbinary subforum.
  •