Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Clip on and pierced?

Started by abbyFlame, April 28, 2014, 03:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbyFlame

I am going to get my ears pierced this week but I am also want to go out and I don't want to wear the drabby ones that will be in my ears for the next few weeks. Does anybody have any suggestions? Can I clip some nice hoops on beside the pierced ones? (seems silly) Is there a type of pierced earring that would work in this situation?
  •  

JamesG

Just wear simple studs for a week or two so that the holes can heal up, then slowly work up weights and snaggy bits.  I guess you can add clips if you want,  multiple piercings aren't unheard of.
  •  

VeronicaLynn

Where can one get nice clip on's these days? I have one ear pierced, from back in the early 90's when that was a popular cool guy look, it seems like clip on's are hard to find these days...
  •  

FrancisAnn

Don't waste $ on clip on's. Just enjoy your normal pierced ears.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

JesseG

Veronica, yeah, the clip-on selection is thin. Check out a local bead or craft store, and find clip-on adapters instead. I purchased them for like 25c each, and I can just slip any regular earrings into them, and make them clip-ons!

Although I agree with FrancisAnn, I'm itching to get them actually pierced.

Abby, I'd keep clip-ons far away from your healing area... The clip-ons exert a lot of pressure, I'd think you're risking re-opening some blood vessel and causing an infection. Sorry, just being paranoid. On the other hand, you can ask them to give you a more flashier set of starter studs, so that you don't feel too drab. :)
It's almost everything I need.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
  •  

Jamiep

Hi abbyFlame,

I started with clip on, so painful, they usually dropped of & got lost. I like what JesseG posted. I live in Toronto, Canada & went to Claires for pierced ears (they are in USA as well). They have clip on earrings. I think you are started with light weight small ball bearing 
size studs as weighty large long dangled earrings may tear your earlobe. Directions for my studs were to wear them in for six months before going to the more fashionable earrings. I used an eye dropper to put the antiseptic liquid at front & back of my earlobe twice a day. You are supposed to rotate the stud a bit twice a day to keep it free to maintain the channel & the skin won't adhere to the stud. Around three to four months in you are aloud to take the studs out for a few hours. If you purchased a fashion earring you could try wearing it briefly at this point.

Good luck.

Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Shannon14

I'm on the just get them pierced bandwagon. I got both ears pierced about a month ago, and it took 3 weeks before anyone at work noticed. The sooner you get them done, the sooner you can wear the cute ones.
  •  

abbyFlame

Thanks for all the advice. I think the verdict is stick with the starter earrings until completely healed which is what I plan to do.
  •  

@Diana

pierced , mine been pierced since i was 15 .. love wearing earrings, esp. hoops & wonder woman earrings  ;D

•  

Jessica15

If you get them pierced at a real piercing/tattoo shop, they should use a needle instead of the gun that places like Claires use.  From my understanding, a needle is the superior method for piercing, although I don't really know why...I think it makes a cleaner hole with no tearing of the skin (or something like that).  I got mine done at a tattoo shop and they put small 18g CBR rings in to start with.  6 weeks later, I took them out so that I could try some other jewelry and apparently that was too soon because when I tried to put the new one in it caused my ear to bleed a bit.

After about a year later I went back and got my ears stretched to 14g (body jewelry size).  For reference, regular earrings are 20g (the lower the number, the thicker it is).  I now usually wear either small loops or barbells that screw together.  And when I wish to dress up fancy I bust out the 20g huge bimbo hoops! ;D  But I always put my 14g jewelry back in at the end of the night to prevent the hole from ever shrinking.
  •  

Jamiep

Jessica,

You beat me to it, I was going to post that there is another thread earlier were members stated piercings at tattoo shops are clean operation & less likely to have an infection. The guns at places like Claires may not be cleaned after use  & could be contaminated from other people. Don't want to start any controversy, just a synopsis of the previous thread. Don't shoot the messenger lol.

Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

abbyFlame

Actually I had mine done a few years back at a tattoo shop. I am hoping they can just reopen them. I wouldn't think of doing it anywhere else.
  •  

janetcgtv

I had both of my ears pierced in 1969 then 2 more in 1994. I love my ears pierced as you will too. However,  I let the top 2 piercings heal and I use the bottom one only. No more pinching on the ear lobes. YIPPEE!
  •  

JesseG

A little update: I did get my ears pierced finally, a few weeks ago at a tattoo shop. Pretty much pain free, healing has been a breeze so far (although I keep it clean), and they feel wonderful!

Very happy.
It's almost everything I need.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
  •  

Lyric

I've nothing against clip-ons or piercings, but I will update the info here and say that the age of the Internet has made quite a large selection of clip earrings available. I'll post a couple of links. Also, it's really quite easy to convert many types of pierced earrings to clip. Do a YouTube search for lots of how-tos. I agree that piercing is the easiest way to go, but it's not preferable or desirable for everyone, so it's nice to have options. BTW, I read recently that model Claudia Schiffer didn't get her ears pierced until she was well into her 30s-- after a decade of having her face on every magazine on the newsstand.

http://www.crazy4clipons.com/
http://www.cliptomania.com/

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •