Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"pronounced cheekbones" a masculine trait??

Started by Ataraxia, May 12, 2014, 09:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ataraxia

So, I was clocked as being trans based on a picture of mine. I asked what is manly about my face, and the guy said that I have "pronounced cheekbones". I'm a bit confused by this though, as everything that I've ever read about beauty and passing and stuff says that this is not only a feminine trait, but a trait that's actually considered an attractive feminine trait. So I'm very confused, and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. Are "pronounced cheekbones" a masculine trait? If so, why do so many sources say that this is an attractive feminine trait?

For reference here's the picture in question:

•  

Ducks

You're right, 'high cheekbones' are very female and considered an attractive feature.  Most models have high cheekbones.
  •  

Ataraxia

That's what I thought too...and I always considered myself fortunate to have such a feature, but now that it's been pointed out that someone used it to figure out I was trans, I'm not so sure  :-\
  •  

Serenation

Angelina Jolie has a pretty good set of cheekbones. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. Cheekbones are awesome!

edit , just seen your pic, you do look very feminine and I'm pretty surprised someone clocked you off that. If I stick my thumb over the top half of your face and look it your nose cheekbones lips you look extremely feminine, genetically so. If I cover the bottom half of your face and just look at your eyes and eyebrows then you look feminine but not perfect like the bottom half.

Hope im not being upsetting :( . The good news is eye make up and eye brows are easy to mess around with.

hugs
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

BunnyBee

High pronounced cheekbones are a feminine trait, for sure, but I think it is attractive on either sex.  I would say you should be very glad to have them.
  •  

Ataraxia

Yea, that's what I always thought, but somehow they gave me away as being trans =/
  •