Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

1st Time Eyebrow Shaping

Started by Natalatalie, May 16, 2014, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalatalie

I've never done anything with my eyebrows before and they're like caterpillars so my plan is to go to a professional and then do upkeep myself afterwards. But my problem is what kind of places to eyebrows? Like is it just salons or what? I have no clue where to go
  •  

JamesG

Most any beauty salon does them. Usually as part of a "facial".
  •  

Natalatalie

Quote from: JamesG on May 16, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Most any beauty salon does them. Usually as part of a "facial".

Okay that's what I was assuming but I wasn't sure. I'm not out yet so i'll need some excuse for asking for girly eyebrows but i'm good at that when i need to be :P
  •  

JamesG

Don't need to be out, trans, gay, or otherwise. Plenty of men go to salons to get work done.  It's good to have a female "wingman", esp. at first, but not necessarily.  Just tell them you are tired of the caterpillars. They won't care as long as your money is good. 
  •  

Natalatalie

Quote from: JamesG on May 16, 2014, 09:10:45 PM
Don't need to be out, trans, gay, or otherwise. Plenty of men go to salons to get work done.  It's good to have a female "wingman", esp. at first, but not necessarily.  Just tell them you are tired of the caterpillars. They won't care as long as your money is good.

I mean i get anxious buying makeup so it's just i'd be scared. To be honest if they ask why i think it'd be best to tell them i'm trans so they know i'm serious and stuff i dunno i'll figure it out i guess
  •  

JamesG

Quote from: Natalatalie on May 16, 2014, 09:13:42 PM
i dunno i'll figure it out i guess

You'll be fine.  Assume they've seen it all, and that you own the place. 

Just remember, like almost all female institutions, it's all about relationships. It's not getting your oil changed, or even getting your hair cut at a barbershop. It pays to get to know your tech, and get a referal from someone (which is why I recommended hooking up with a female friend). Chat, make friends, have fun!
  •  

Natalatalie

Quote from: JamesG on May 16, 2014, 09:44:55 PM

(which is why I recommended hooking up with a female friend). Chat, make friends, have fun!
Well that's the reason in here I asked 2 of my friends and neither had ever gone somewhere to do then they've just done it themselves so I dunno :s
  •  

Jess42

Well if you aren't out and this is just me but I did a little bit at atime over about a month or so to get them to looking like either/or. Now it's just maintenance. If one day you have caterpillars over your eyes and the next day perfect arches people will notice. Little at a time no one will notice. I started in the middle and on the ends. Everyday a little bit more and then started with an incospicuous arch and took some of the tops off. Don't forget about that. And like I say over a months time, got em like I want them and no one even noticed.

Youtube has good tutorials about how and where you need to pluck to keep your eyes from looking too close together or too far apart and too much of an arch and you always get the surprise look. They will show you where they should be in the middle and on the ends and where the arch should be. Just take your time and definately don't overpluck.
  •  

Natalatalie

Quote from: Jess42 on May 17, 2014, 09:05:50 AM
Well if you aren't out and this is just me but I did a little bit at atime over about a month or so to get them to looking like either/or. Now it's just maintenance. If one day you have caterpillars over your eyes and the next day perfect arches people will notice. Little at a time no one will notice. I started in the middle and on the ends. Everyday a little bit more and then started with an incospicuous arch and took some of the tops off. Don't forget about that. And like I say over a months time, got em like I want them and no one even noticed.

Youtube has good tutorials about how and where you need to pluck to keep your eyes from looking too close together or too far apart and too much of an arch and you always get the surprise look. They will show you where they should be in the middle and on the ends and where the arch should be. Just take your time and definately don't overpluck.
Well my plan is to come out after i graduate next month (already sort of out) so i'm not really trying too hard to hide my being trans
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Natalatalie on May 17, 2014, 09:13:23 AM
Well my plan is to come out after i graduate next month (already sort of out) so i'm not really trying too hard to hide my being trans

Well it that's the case and you really aren't trying to hide it, go for it. I still do my own with tweezers because I just can't imagine ripping a bunch out at the same time.
  •  

barbie

I just watched a tutorial video.

As it takes too long time for me, I just pluck fine hairs.
My eyebrows still look too dense.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

eggy_nog

I really wouldn't try doing them yourself. It's far too easy to make them noticeably look pretty awful :S

Just go to a salon and ask if they 'thread'. It's definitely one of the best ways to get it done! I've not tried waxing, but threading is very fast, although a little painful :S

I got mine done before I was fully out. I really wouldn't worry about it. I also wouldn't make them too thin. Can look ageing if they're reaally thin.

•  

barbie

I trimmed my eyebrows a little bit. I just used the tweezers. I am not quite sure whether it was done well.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: eggy_nog on May 17, 2014, 04:10:14 PM
I got mine done before I was fully out. I really wouldn't worry about it. I also wouldn't make them too thin. Can look ageing if they're reaally thin.

Definatelythe pencil thin eyebrows are out. I've noticed a lot of girls with thicker eyebrows so.... But don't forget to trim them either. Leave the trimmers alone but rather comb them up and cut along the edge of your eyebrow line and comb them down and cut along the edge, with small cuticle scissors of course.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jess42 on May 20, 2014, 08:16:58 AM
Definatelythe pencil thin eyebrows are out. I've noticed a lot of girls with thicker eyebrows so.... But don't forget to trim them either. Leave the trimmers alone but rather comb them up and cut along the edge of your eyebrow line and comb them down and cut along the edge, with small cuticle scissors of course.

Thanks! I have to find the scissors I once saw in my house  :D

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: barbie on May 21, 2014, 02:06:30 AM
Thanks! I have to find the scissors I once saw in my house  :D

barbie~~

I don't see anything wrong with your eyebrows Barbie. They look good.
  •  

barbie

I trimmed a little bit further with the scissors I purchased 2 days ago.
My eyebrows seem to be thinner and thinner, and I may have to stop trimming for a while.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jess42

Still don't see anything wrong with them Barbie. Lookin' good.

I have a tendency to notice things when something is drawn to my attention. Obsess over it maybe? I think more like comparing but anyway its kind of like the index and ring finger thing, I stated looking more closely at other people's hands just to see. Same with the eyebrow thing, My God I have seen quite a few cis women with overgrown eybrows, not thick unplucked but just bushy with long hairs that would drive me absolutely nuts if mine were that long. When they start touching the sunglasses frames, they are too long. If I can actually see one of them through my vision, they are way too long.

I also noticed that nothing ruins good looks on guys and girls quicker than the eyebrows. I saw a guy the other day that his eyebrows were actually longer than the hair on his head, he had a buzzcut. Facially not bad looking but my god the eybrows took away all the other qualities of his handsomness and made him look more comical. I have also noticed a lot more guys taking care and actually somewhat shaping their eyebrows too. So...
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jess42 on May 23, 2014, 06:34:33 AM
I have also noticed a lot more guys taking care and actually somewhat shaping their eyebrows too. So...

Yes. Young men trimmed their eyebrows during Silla dynasty here in about 1,500 years ago, according to history books and archaeological evidences.

QuoteSilla products were of ginseng, pine nuts, honey, ink sticks, candles, candlebra and candle wick trimming scissors, spoons, bowls with lids, the Avatamsaka Sutra and other Buddhist sutras.
http://www.koreasociety.org/doc_view/694-silla-korea-and-the-silk-road-golden-age-golden-threads-normal-quality

In the Chinese ancient painting dated back to the 6-th ceutnry A.D., the diplomat from Silla clearly trimmed his eyebrows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portraits_of_Periodical_Offering

I am not quite sure how many men here trim their eyebrows now, but I think it is very few.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •