Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Stand for Fairness.

Started by Hayley, May 23, 2014, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayley

So as some of you know in Maryland this year the Fairness for all Marylanders act passed updating Maryland's anti-discrimination law to include transgender people. And was recently signed into law by Gov. O'Malley (goes into effect Oct. 1st). That is great news for those of us in Maryland. Sadly there is a group of conservatives that are trying to get the law pushed to the ballots this fall for referendum. Using misinformation and fear mongering to get people to sign.

And now the good news there is a campaign to Stand for Fairness against the referendum. There is a training session on how to take part and help in the campaign on Sunday, May 25 at 1:30 p.m. at Open Door MCC Church, 15817 Barnesville Road, Boyds, Maryland.

Honestly I never know how to go about writing something like this but it is important that we aren't apathetic with this. It is too important to not take a stand for fairness and be counted, seen as human being. As a person.
Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •