Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Application Blocked. Click for Details

Started by Khaleesie Fiona, June 27, 2014, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaleesie Fiona

When I try to jump into chat, I get the error message "Application Blocked. Click for Details". Clicking doesn't provide me with any information about how to fix this. Does anyone have any idea hot to remedy this fault?

Thanks
-Happy to be a little more open with my femininity-
  •  

Shodan

Well, the online chat is nothing more than a java applet, so there's something about your computer that's blocking it. Maybe updating your java will help? If you're trying to do it on a work computer, they have have security in place to keep it from running, in which case there's not much you can do.

•  

Khaleesie Fiona

Quote from: Shodan on June 27, 2014, 01:02:40 PM
Well, the online chat is nothing more than a java applet, so there's something about your computer that's blocking it. Maybe updating your java will help? If you're trying to do it on a work computer, they have have security in place to keep it from running, in which case there's not much you can do.

While it is a work laptop, I've never had a blocked problem with java or anything else before
  •  

Khaleesie Fiona

And the message is that it's being blocked because the certificate isn't valid
  •  

Shodan

Oooh. You'll have to go into Java's security settings and play around in that to allow it bypass that check on this site.

•  

Khaleesie Fiona

Quote from: Shodan on June 27, 2014, 01:17:33 PM
Oooh. You'll have to go into Java's security settings and play around in that to allow it bypass that check on this site.

OK, I have to plead incompetence. I looked around and didn't really see anything in the aplet.....
  •  

Khaleesie Fiona

It took me some time and more research, but I figure it out. Thanks to all

-Hugs
  •