Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

good hats for hiding hair? need advice

Started by admiralrustyshackleford, July 07, 2014, 07:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admiralrustyshackleford

i'm afab and very fluid in presentation. i have long thick hair that i absolutely cherish...except when it makes me dysphoric. which, recently, is a lot. i've been dealing with it by making a tight bun and putting a beanie over it. that works pretty well, but with me presenting masc ~1/2 the time it's getting old and i'm starting to feel boring. i want to switch it up, but even made as small as possible i have way too much hair to hide in most hats.
does anyone have any advice for other hats that 1. can accommodate thick hair & 2. are not super hard to pull off (e.g. cowboy hats, fedoras) ?
  •  

Satinjoy

Unfortunately way outside of my experience.... although the fedora comes to mind as a nice fashion statement that crosses boundaries.

Hard one... wanted to make sure you knew we are paying attention ;)
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

VeronicaLynn

When I was much younger and worked in fast food, I would braid it in a loose braid and sort of twirl it around the top of my head and put it under the baseball cap they made me wear. I couldn't have it look like I had a ponytail at that place.
  •