Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

LEARNING KOREAN!!!! Any speakers?

Started by ThePersona, July 15, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePersona

Hello! Annyeong haseyo! I'm Christine (크리스틴??) and I don't know how to read or write very much Hangul but I can speak it a bit (obviously I used it in the second sentence!) if you don't know, Hangul is the Korean alphabet. And I have been trying to learn Korean because I really want to be able to speak to my grandmother who just made the huge move from Seoul to Orlando!!! Wow! And she knows me as Abel (not my former male name but that's a whole other story) and I really want to introduce her to Christine, I know this is going to be very difficult especially seeing she is the older generation and very conservative but she is not religious and she is very kind, she doesn't know English and let's face it English isn't easy to learn! Along with being able to speak to my grandmother I also want to embrace my heritage more (I don't look very Asian at all, I look like my dad) I'm fairly decent at picking up languages and have already learned Hangul (not the characters but pronunciation)

Example: Gah, Nah, Dah, La, Mah, Bah, Sah, Ah, Jah, Cha, Kah, Tah, Pah, Ha
Ah, Yah, Uh, Yuh, Oh, Yoh, Ooh, You, Euh, E
Ggah, Ddah, Bbah, Ssah, Jjah

So really I guess I'm just saying, I'm gonna learn Korean, don't be surprised if I write an entire post in it eventually, and I am gonna start mixing it into my English post so that I can have practice with it, I plan on having the alphabet and basic grammar down pat by around 2 am. It's gonna be a ride.
Hwaiting! <--- Korean Expression of encouragement to self or others! (I/You can do it)

Wish me luck!
haeng-un-eul giwonhabnida!
3DS Name: Harrison (from pre-transition)
3DS friend code: 0791 3145 5772

Not sure if anyone really cares lol, if you add me just pm me with yours.

I pretty much only play Pokemon Y
  •