Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

"Voice Surgery" Limitations?

Started by GeorgieGirl, July 16, 2014, 03:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgieGirl

Hi, when you have voice surgery, say at "Yesons Voice Surgery Clinic" in Korea, what limitations are there as regards to say when you cough, sneeze, clear your throat, make a noise when yawning e.t.c. Do you still have to deliberately and consciously do it in girl mode, as best you can, or does it all just sound naturally feminine. Does it apply to all of those aspects, or only some??? Thank you for any time and information that you can give.  :)
  •  

Flan

the biggest limitations to voice surgery is it doesn't teach you how to use the new voice, especially use of language in words used and the way things are phrased depending on your native language. Coughs, yawns and other simple sounds are pretty easy to accommodate but either way you won't be doing a lot of it directly after surgery as the vocal cords need time to heal and not scar over if used before then.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

GeorgieGirl

Quote from: Flan on July 16, 2014, 11:48:51 PM
the biggest limitations to voice surgery is it doesn't teach you how to use the new voice, especially use of language in words used and the way things are phrased depending on your native language. Coughs, yawns and other simple sounds are pretty easy to accommodate but either way you won't be doing a lot of it directly after surgery as the vocal cords need time to heal and not scar over if used before then.
Thanks Flan. So I guess that means that when you make the noises that I asked about, you still would sound like a man, if you did not consciously disguise it. I suppose then, it is not worth going ahead with? I was kinda hoping that after everything had healed properly, all those sounds would naturally, and without effort, come out sounding feminine. Ah well back to the drawing board.
  •  

Flan

Quote from: GeorgieGirl on July 17, 2014, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: Flan on July 16, 2014, 11:48:51 PM
Thanks Flan. So I guess that means that when you make the noises that I asked about, you still would sound like a man, if you did not consciously disguise it. I suppose then, it is not worth going ahead with? I was kinda hoping that after everything had healed properly, all those sounds would naturally, and without effort, come out sounding feminine. Ah well back to the drawing board.

Coughs and sneezes are part of breath/airway management. By routing air partly through the nose one naturally creates the desired effect. Doing this mostly takes practice and perhaps some education similar to how singers and brass/reed based instrument players manage breathing. Getting any surgery is a personal choice I can't make for others. Voice surgery makes it easier to use a female like voice but as I said before the voice after surgery can do either way depending on breath control and language use (ie the "sing-song effect").
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

GeorgieGirl

•