News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

If it was hard before...

Started by Terra, December 08, 2005, 02:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

Hey all! ;D

Well, last saturday was fun, got to get all dressed up. The suprising thing is, with a little makeup, I looked really good! :D So now my next step is to find some more casual clothes so this holiday season I can prove to my family that I can make a decent 6'4" woman. But I am having a little difficulty with one detail. Footwear.

Now from my research, a mens 14 would convert into a woman's 15 correct? On all the sizing charts, 32cm is equal to both. Also, any online shops you know of besides ebay that sell size 15?

Hopefully with just a little more practice, attending college full time won't be a fantasy much longer. 8)

Thanks all!
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Terri-Gene

try going to a payless store and wander around in the different size racks and simply locate your proper size, but make sure you have plenty of room in the toes.  If it feels close, it will end up cripling you in a short time.  They have a decent collection of styles, both heels and flats, but arn't generally the most popular styles, but the good thing is the prices can range from $10 to $25 for a nice pair that look very nice, and a lot of boots if you are into those and have a good selection in larger sizes, I've seen as large as 15 in payless stores.  If you like a pair though, besure to try them on and walk up/down the ailse a little just to be sure they fit properly.  Sometimes you just need to find the style in a W size and sometimes you may have to go up a size to get a proper fit in the toes.  Important especially for heels.  Even flats can give you bad bone aches if they are to small, even though your feet slip in easily enough.  I got a collection of shoes that seemed to fit when I tried them on but nearly killed me after wearing them a few hours or all day and I am most prone to flats. But yes, the one size larger is a good place to start from.

Terri
  •  

Shelley

Hi Luana,

This link might help. It also will confirm your sizing.

http://www.tallwomen.org/shoes/usa/

Shelley
  •  

Terra

Looks like my numbers were a little off. :o

Thanks you both! ;D
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Northern Jane

Quoteattending college full time won't be a fantasy much longer

Good for you Luana! I don't think anybody ever regrets an education  ;D

I went to college in 1969, to an unofficially all male engineering school. I was pretty far gone (as far as denying my femininity), and only a few years pre-op (though I didn't know it at the time), so I went as "a girl impersonating a guy". It worked wonderfully! Even (especially?) my landlady was sure I was a girl who had snuck into the "old boy's club"  ;D ;D ;D It took a lot of the pressure off because I didn't have to act "100% guy" and could even do some subtle flirting  ::)
  •  

Shelley

QuoteNice chart, but it appears to be off a little.

Not necissarily so, as Terri said in another post it often dpends on the shoe style andthe width of thetoe area. You can often go a size smaller in flats than in heels.

As we have also discussed clothing chartsare alsoonly a guide as different brands in clothes also can be quite different. Bring on a standard I say.

The main thing is that a conversion table can only be used as a guide. For those who are unsure or do not like to try thingson i the shop these guides are very useful inat least getting to the right ball park.

Shelley
  •  

Denise01

aI wear a 9 1/2 in a mans shoe and take a 10 or 11 in Ladies, depending on the width or last.
I am blessed  with a very narrow foot, as was my sister.  and take a medium or double A depending on the make. As far as walking shoes go, ladies fit me much better than mens ever did because of my narrow feet.
In Jeans I take a 40, mens which is a little tight at times, but in ladies 18 fit very well.
Same with skirts, and skirt suits 18W fits very well yet in a mans i need a 42 in a jacket.
Again, the best way to know is to try on before you buy.

Denise
  •  

Cassandra

I have heard The Ugly Shoe Store in San Francisco has a lot of larger sizes in shoes. They cater to alot of TG's. I don't know if they have a website or not but if you happen to be in the bay area you might look them up.

Myself I always wore a size 10 in mens and have found a lot of womens shoes size 10 fit me fine. Size 11's are just too big and just fall off my feet allthough I do wear a W which can be disappointing when you see a really nice style that only comes in narrow. My wife however wears a 4 1/2 AA which is really difficult to find. Seems I can buy shoes just about anywhere and we have to find specialty shops to get anything that fits her.

Cassie
  •  

Jillieann Rose

I wear a 9 1\2 in mens but can't fit in anything smaller than an 11 in womans. Usually I need an 11 W and yes I do have wide feet.
I also like to shop at Payless lots of larger sizes and no sale people both me even when I'm wear mens cloths.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

stephanie_craxford

It is safe to say that no matter what size you think you should be wearing the only sure way to get a correct fit is to try the shoes on.  The sizes are only guides to get you close,  I wear a size 8 mens, and although charts would sugest a size 9 would fit many times they are either too loose or too tight etc..

Bottom line... Try before you buy...

Steph
  •