Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

OK Girls, What Are Your Favorite Hair Care Products and Tips for Styling?

Started by Allyda, July 21, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allyda

OK girls, what are your favorite hair care products and tips for using them? I thought with a little of our knowlege and experience we might help each other, and those just starting out, or who would like a different hairstyle.

To start things off I use Tre Seme or Pantene Pro-V shampoos and either Aussies Hair Insurance leave in conditioning spray, or Pantene Pro-V leave in conditioning spray.

I've heard a lot of hype about the Mane and Tail Shampoo's and Conditioners, but have never tried them. Maybe a few of you girls have and can chime in on these products and let us know?

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Elanore joey

If you are anything like me you straighten your hair most day so the most important hair care product is heat protection my personal favourite is called chi this heat protection is so good you can spray it on you hand and then put your straitened on your hand at 215 oC but you should never use any straighteners above 200oC
we are all beautiful in our own way its just some people don't see it :-*
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Elanore joey on July 21, 2014, 06:47:35 PM
If you are anything like me you straighten your hair most day so the most important hair care product is heat protection my personal favourite is called chi this heat protection is so good you can spray it on you hand and then put your straitened on your hand at 215 oC but you should never use any straighteners above 200oC
I rarely use a flat iron with the exception of sometimes taking the 'bed head' out of my bangs. I've been looking for a good heat protection spray though, so thanks Elanore!

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

kitty

I really like the 'It's a 10' line of products. Really made a difference in my hair texture, it looked a lot more healthy. I also did a coconut oil hair treatment last night that seemed to work pretty well.
  •  

Alainaluvsu

I use Biolage Matrix, but it's a professional line. If I was at home I'd go get it and read it to you. Usually I know it by heart but my memory has been failing me lately. I use clarifying for my first shampoo, the moisturizing shampoo for the second shampoo, and the conditioner / masque for the 3rd whatever. I leave the conditioner in and wash my body and shave my legs. Then I rinse the conditioner out with cold water. Let it air dry and I get what you see in my avatar!

I'll also say that salon quality products makes all the difference in the world. People balk at the price tag but it's completely worth it. A bottle of shampoo will last me for nearly a year and I only need to shampoo maybe once a week or less. I used to use Wal Mart stuff and my hair was ok, but it frizzed up and the ends weren't that healthy. A month or two after switching, my hair was perfect.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Allyda

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on July 21, 2014, 07:24:31 PM
I use Biolage Matrix, but it's a professional line. If I was at home I'd go get it and read it to you. Usually I know it by heart but my memory has been failing me lately. I use clarifying for my first shampoo, the moisturizing shampoo for the second shampoo, and the conditioner / masque for the 3rd whatever. I leave the conditioner in and wash my body and shave my legs. Then I rinse the conditioner out with cold water. Let it air dry and I get what you see in my avatar!

I'll also say that salon quality products makes all the difference in the world. People balk at the price tag but it's completely worth it. A bottle of shampoo will last me for nearly a year and I only need to shampoo maybe once a week or less. I used to use Wal Mart stuff and my hair was ok, but it frizzed up and the ends weren't that healthy. A month or two after switching, my hair was perfect.
I tend to agree, Salon quality products make a big difference. I used to buy all my hair care products from a beautician supply wholesaler and plan to go back to this practice as soon as my financial crisis is over. For now though I'm stuck with the best I can afford.

I can't wash my hair more than once per week. If I do it dries it out way too much. I'd like to try Biolage Matrix and will keep it in mind when I'm able to make my next order. Thanks Alaina!

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: Allyda on July 21, 2014, 07:46:22 PM
I tend to agree, Salon quality products make a big difference. I used to buy all my hair care products from a beautician supply wholesaler and plan to go back to this practice as soon as my financial crisis is over. For now though I'm stuck with the best I can afford.

I can't wash my hair more than once per week. If I do it dries it out way too much. I'd like to try Biolage Matrix and will keep it in mind when I'm able to make my next order. Thanks Alaina!

Same here! I'm looking for some hair help too. Biolage Matrix it is.  Thanks!
  •  

Emily1996

I use shampoo for chemically threated hair, although I didn't color my hair, I heard that they don't ruin your hair as much as other products because they are made for already damaged hair and I'm trying to grow my hair... And I use biotin 5000 mg and I'm not having any side effects and my nails are super strong! I also use a leave in conditioner and maroccain oil when my hair are wet and they don't turn frizzy anymore
  •  

Elanore joey

If your a person that likes 100% natural the balmain shampoo is really good it's designed to be used with their hair extensions it is almost like a hand cream
we are all beautiful in our own way its just some people don't see it :-*
  •  

Sammy

I am using Sexy Hair products - Long Hair Shampoo and Balsam, and then gently apply a bit of Frizz Eliminator before blow-drying them. Frizz Eliminator keeps them strong, straigh and shiny, but it is not a styling product, per se.
  •