Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anime Madoka Magica

Started by KageNiko, August 29, 2014, 08:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KageNiko

I wasn't sure if there was a section here devoted to anime talk.  I just finished watching the series Madoka Magica and really enjoyed it. Has anyone else seen it? It's kind of a dark twist on the classic Sailor Moon style anime, about girls who become "magical girls" to fight off evil witches.  I really encourage anime lovers to watch several episodes because there are some strange revelations throughout that make you want to know more.
Hey all, I've created a new account because my life has begun anew.  This is to protect my identity.  Thanks for your understanding!
  •  

xponentialshift

I saw that last month and thought it was amazing!

Then I went on an anime binge and watched about 10 different animes.

Right now I am eagerly awaiting the next SAO, and Irregular at Magic High episodes.
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

Yeap Ive watched it , really good anime
I think the 3rd movie (which is a sequel) is even better
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Umiko

after watching it, i was constantly searching for magical girl anime just like it but sadly i've seen them all
  •  

Duskgirl

I've heard of it, but never watched (I can't even remember Sailor Moon :-\ ), but if it's that good then maybe I should look into it. I agree with xponentialshift, though — SAO = yes. ;D
  •  

KageNiko

Yessssssss! Anime lovers!  I'm not as involved in anime as I would like.  I am very fascinated by the characters and stories.
Some of my favorites are:
Ghost Hunt
XXXHolic
Sgt frog
Wolf & Spice
Fruits Basket

And many more that I can't remember the names of.
Hey all, I've created a new account because my life has begun anew.  This is to protect my identity.  Thanks for your understanding!
  •  

Ashtyn

I watched it earlier this year I think. I loved the end theme song :). I haven't seen the movies tho. I had stopped watching anime for a while but I've been slowly getting back into it this year.
  •  

L00T

I loved the main anime series, but that OVA that was released after it was just... odd. Still, worth the watch.
  •  

LauraSpiral

Anime lovers? Count me in.

Naruto,
Angel Beats,
Clannad,
Dragonball Z (Of course!)
SAO :3
Maid Sama

and many more :D
  •  

Eyie

Officially already in love with this series!!! So happy I ended up seeing this thread. Just finished episode 5 and prolly not gonna stop. : :laugh:

•  

L00T

Wait until you get to Homura's back story episode. It's so sad. :(
  •  

Randommaturetransgirl

It took me a long time to watch it since i was watching other animes but finally got round to it and it was amazing. A bit short though since im still watching naruto shippuden and im on ep 349.
  •  

Elsa Delyth

Anime that good don't come around too often. It's based on Goethe's Faust. Nietzsche considered Goethe the closest person to his archetype of the overman, because of his character Faust, and Homura is Faust in the series, ergo Homura is the Übermensch. Madoka is Gretchen, whom becomes the eternal feminine. 
"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." Emma Goldman.
  •  

Elsa Delyth

Utena is my favorite one of all time though, clearly based on Christianity. Utena is Jesus, Akio Ohtori literally means, "the morning star", i.e. Lucifer. And "Dios" is Spanish for "God". Anthy is clearly the holy spirit, through which one has access to God.
"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." Emma Goldman.
  •