Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Your top picks!

Started by Abby, August 30, 2014, 09:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby

I love makeup, and I'd like to think I've gotten rather good at it. Getting good at makeup is achieved by applying it regularly, and I find, by using the best products. I've gone through tons of products and in doing so have found some great things, and I assume y'all have as well! So what are the products that make you rave?!

1) the Kat Von D Monarch palette. I live for this palette, and it's the palette I reach for on a near daily basis. I have blue/grey eyes, so I find the warm golds and browns to be extremely complimentary, plus the quality of the product is fantastic. The pigmentation and saturation of color is fantastic, the longevity of the product is fantastic. This. Palette. Rocks.

2) Urban Decay Primer Potion. There's a reason this is the most talked about primer out there, and this is the primer I use every day. It's horrible, and you really shouldn't sleep in your makeup, but I've used this product to prime my lids in the morning, worked a full day, gone out to club that night, fallen asleep with my makeu still on, and when I woke up the next morning my eyeshadow was still flawless.

3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duo. Once again, this is my daily product. I use the color "granite". Lasts all day and really creates a beautiful sculpted brow.

This is today's face :)

Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.
  •  

spooky

I like makeup way too much. :laugh:

My top-top-top picks are:

MAC Vanilla Pigment.  This stuff lasts literally forever, and mine's almost empty at this point.
Lipstick Queen Sinner collection lipsticks.  Three different shades (Coral, Pinky Nude, and Peachy Nude, in that order) have been my favorite every day shade for 6+ months at a time.
Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer.  These are just fun to play with.  I use two shades every day and want, like, at least two more.
MAC Paint Pots.  Painterly for my lid and Groundwork for my crease.  Couldn't survive without them.
Laura Mercier Tightline Eye Liner.  Tightlining is just really pretty.  I feel like it gives you the same impact as a dramatically lined eye while still looking natural.
Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil.  It's the one for me.
Make Up For Ever HD Powder.  I've tried a lot of loose powders.  Some are too matte (skin doesn't look like that!), others don't combat shine well enough.  This one strikes the best balance I've come across.
Becca Nude Liner in Biscotti.  I'm obsessed.

This post could be endless.  I will stop it here.  :P
:icon_chick:
  •